Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

adc55bbc458785ba160e72f041e2dcd1.jpg

No snowboard so I’m doing a car top measurement. Sue me. At least it’s not in the muddy grass.

1.25” - accounting for the dumbass part of a ruler that doesn’t start at zero. Feels like a decent local jackpot. Don’t think this is slant sticking BS either… it looks like more than an inch out there. Almost hit the (revised 2x) 1.5” inch bar.

• Like 5

To be blunt, this event was not worthy of a warning anywhere in our area. I can’t complain too much all things considered, but I imagine psuhoffman’s ~4” is close to the max in the region.

This system was just too quick and too marginal to really be a big one. In and out within 4 hours.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, T. August said:

Not even an inch in Havre de Grace. I had 2” as a benchmark after all of the negative guidance came in and figured that would be realistic. Nope.

Snowing lightly still.

Didn’t do a final measurement yet but looks like it’s over an inch. I shouldn’t have complained so soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fozz said:

To be blunt, this event was not worthy of a warning anywhere in our area. I can’t complain too much all things considered, but I imagine psuhoffman’s ~4” is close to the max in the region.

This system was just too quick and too marginal to really be a big one. In and out within 4 hours.

The crazy fgen banding that guidance had over us yesterday morning ended up in PA. It at up near Harrisburg. I see reporters of 6-8” around there and there were 3”/hr rates.  So the storm had the potential is just shifted it north of us at the last minute  

1 minute ago, LeesburgWx said:

Damn it. Just woke up and radar shows it’s over. Have like 2 inches

Jesus.  Me too.  It’s over already?  Wait a frickin minute…..yes yes it’s over and looks like the dog shit in the hallway.  Think I will do the same

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The crazy fgen banding that guidance had over us yesterday morning ended up in PA. It at up near Harrisburg. I see reporters of 6-8” around there and there were 3”/hr rates.  So the storm had the potential is just shifted it north of us at the last minute  

Some crazy reports to the northeast too… yeesh.

17 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I hit 5" in an hour from that frontogenic band it was stacked dendrites with air pockets and looks like cotton candy now over 8" it was nuts

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Really? I’m shocked. Really must’ve actually got quite lucky. I saw plows pushing snow. Could’ve sworn you needed at least 2” to do it but apparently they were willing to risk scraping themselves up lol

I think I got near the low end of the stick with less than an inch of snow and no roads caving…

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I just saw… from Harrisburg to Allentown to Newark there are spots with 8-12”, and it’s almost painful to know it could’ve been us.

Though even there it seems like there were winners and losers since many of those outside the bands in the subsidence ended up with very little.