Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 rain to snow event

LVblizzard

31 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 9:30 am 4.5" of snow on the ground at 32F as we only got 1/2" over the last hour, due to being stuck in what looks like a subsidence lull. Might keep us from getting above 6" if this doesn't end soon.  

As of 10 am, it's 32F and we have 4.6" of snow, as we only got 0.1" that last half hour being stuck that goddamn subsidence hell hole! We've probably lost 1.5" from that subsidence. About to fill in at least. We only have about 2 more hours of snow, so unless it cranks, my guess is we only get about 6".

Last gasp of heavy snow coming through now in Macungie.  Should be ending in the next 30 minutes. Measurements near a foot thus far. I dread removing this crap. Power outages will be exponentially going up  in the next few hours as the snow is melting off the limbs and the shear weight of snow breaking the limbs.

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

Last gasp of heavy snow coming through now in Macungie.  Should be ending in the next 30 minutes. Measurements near a foot thus far. I dread removing this crap. Power outages will be exponentially going up  in the next few hours as the snow is melting off the limbs and the shear weight of snow breaking the limbs.

I hear tree limbs cracking every few minutes outside my place.  Hoping my power stays on here. There aren’t many outages around me yet.

31 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 10 am, it's 32F and we have 4.6" of snow, as we only got 0.1" that last half hour being stuck that goddamn subsidence hell hole! We've probably lost 1.5" from that subsidence. About to fill in at least. We only have about 2 more hours of snow, so unless it cranks, my guess is we only get about 6".

Well we finally got out of that terrible subsidence band the last half hour and picked up about 0.4" to get to 5.0" as of 10:30 am. Temp 33F.

13 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

You can see how/where it will pivot.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-regional-eastcoast-truecolor-15 21Z-20240213_map_noBar-15-1n-10-100-truecolor-ani-02132024.gif

F000_wpc_sfc-1030am-02132024.gif

Looks like it's trying to develop an eye :o

Dug a quick path to the car and shoved out the base of the driveway before the plows come through, didn't want to do that all at once. I can confirm: heart attack snow.

Have been under one of the stronger pivot bands with some SN+ and pancake flakes.  Back edge is approaching though.

Temp 33 with dp 32.

33 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Looks like it's trying to develop an eye :o

Dug a quick path to the car and shoved out the base of the driveway before the plows come through, didn't want to do that all at once. I can confirm: heart attack snow.

That sucker wants to bomb out! :lol:

kdix_20240213_1614_BR_0.41.png