Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Would definitely still be worth interest there. Trenton area especially. But further south also means weaker dynamics. 

I agree. It will be interesting to see how this storm ultimately unfolds. The 24-hour map on the HREF should be impressive, but could be overdone to some extent.

2 hours ago, Rjay said:

Rjay jackpot.  What do temps look like?

Well, flurries tomorrow it is. 

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

It's going to be a winter wonderland tomorrow . I might go streaking. 

images.jpg.548ba4d8fef19c591950446c4cf4050f.jpg

If ya know, ya know. 

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Heh. So is my brother.

Maybe this Sub Forum needs to pay for him to go on vacation in February more often...

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

You're probably still good. But wow at the trends today. LOL 

Unfortunately, without the rates, LI is in a very different spot. All depends on how quickly this deepens. Lack of blocking may be our detractor here after all, but, eh. February 2013 was a thread the needle and wound up phasing exactly where needed. Lets see. 

Edit - I still think NYC and LI get a hard hit. Dynamics all point towards this scenario. 

3 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

Well, flurries tomorrow it is. 

images.jpg.548ba4d8fef19c591950446c4cf4050f.jpg

If ya know, ya know. 

Maybe this Sub Forum needs to pay for him to go on vacation in February more often...

Unfortunately, without the rates, LI is in a very different spot. All depends on how quickly this deepens. Lack of blocking may be our death knell here after all, but, lets see. 

Ehh. We've had washouts and the January few inches, whatever this has will be infinitely better. 

• Like 1

I agree. It will be interesting to see how this storm ultimately unfolds. The 24-hour map on the HREF should be impressive, but could be overdone to some extent.
Yup, concern there is the 00z HREF has the juiced 12z members included in the mean on the SPC page. With the new DESI interface, I think you can subtract out the -12 hour members if you think they're going to be less representative than usual.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

GFS big dynamic banding again with the mid level lows evolving in the perfect spot again. 

Let’s see how the rest of nights go and hrr, which has still been bringing 5-8+ for Jersey and nyc metro hopefully this is the new data