Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

25 minutes ago, North and West said:

emoji817.png my parents are currently in Florida, and I kind of mentioned this to them when they asked about the storm. One app says one thing, another app something else.

Sometimes it’s a *feeling*; not very scientific, mind you, but some years the feel is there, some years it isn’t. The past two years it hasn’t been. For those of us old enough, we’ve seen the good and the bad, and intuition helps. It’s like a date or a job interview; sometimes you just have a feeling.

Well I'm not much for gut feelings, but if we were to go on that, it's hard to feel good about this. My guess is another 1-2 inch job here, because that is the trend for storms this year. But Ant always gets me fired up.....like Charlie Brown with Lucy and the football....

• Like 1

Well I'm not much for gut feelings, but if we were to go on that, it's hard to feel good about this. My guess is another 1-2 inch job here, because that is the trend for storms this year. But Ant always gets me fired up.....like Charlie Brown with Lucy and the football....

You know what I mean though. Some years you got it, some years you don’t.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

I'm  not a forecaster by any means. But I think this storm is the best chance for NYC so far to get over 2" this season.  Question is will Central Park measure correctly? Does anyone know who actually does that measurement?

i agree. all the other storms this year trended worse as we got closer, this one is trending better

22 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Brooklyn with 2 inches and foot for northern LI. Sell that 

Sell any 10-1 map in this setup. We’re fighting an airmass that got us into the 50s today. Some/a good amount will be wasted near the city even if these snowier models happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

Seems they expect it to bump back north a little tomorrow and the gradient to be around I287 as opposed to the models pulling it down to I80 today. Unfortunately they may be right

I think they are waiting to see what the 0Z model runs show.

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic