• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

15 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

image.thumb.png.9566308290f2a599b3222c2a9ac5fe77.pngYa warm nose gets just north of 84 at the peak before crashing down with heavier rates.. would still get 6"+ for most of CT as it pounds right after that.. 12km much cooler.. 

I don’t like that

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Just ran the 3km NAM 1 hr snow from my basement.. 5.3" of snow in one hour lol.. The 3km snow output total is from only 2-3 hours of snow, not good relying on 6" of snow to accumulate in 2-3 hours with borderline temps.. 

image.thumb.png.cc1446d0288d4c02b4f9d3179ad08480.png

Probably algorithm chaos with ptype issues as the IP flips back to S. The ptype for the hour determines what the algorithm calls water equiv as snow for the previous 60 mins.

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not the point. The range can be lower. 

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Brett going all in on 10:1. Hate to see it.

I’m not, but you’ve become an unbelievable Debbie. We get it, the last two years have blown. This will be your biggest snowfall since the Jan 22 blizzard, just enjoy it, instead of hand wringing whether the range should be 6-8 or 8-12.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Depends I did it.. I got a heck of a drive to work but I work 4 on 4 off..  but between working and driving it's a 15 hour day.. but the time off up here is more than worth it 

I would love to move up there. I was looking at videos of snowstorms in Worcester.  Looks like a nice city. 

My wife don't want to move up there. Maybe I can convince her one day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m not, but you’ve become an unbelievable Debbie. We get it, the last two years have blown. This will be your biggest snowfall since the Jan 22 blizzard, just enjoy it, instead of hand wringing whether the range should be 6-8 or 8-12.

If 8-12 makes it feel comfortable in your footie pajamas good for you. But I care more about being correct. Remove the 10:1 from your eyes. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

If 8-12 makes it feel comfortable in your footie pajamas good for you. But I care more about being correct. Remove the 10:1 from your eyes. 

I think you care more about being a Debbie to be honest.

im not getting 10:1, we know that. But even on the warmer solutions we pound here at some point: I’m expecting 6-9” of heavy Phil.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I would love to move up there. I was looking at videos of snowstorms in Worcester.  Looks like a nice city. 

My wife don't want to move up there. Maybe I can convince her one day. 

Is she afraid of trees?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

12 k was colder and snowier than 3k south of 84 FWIW.

3K usually sucks beyond 30 hours but that said it does tend to have a cold bias at that range in the MLs at times so the fact its somewhat torchy down there could be concerning but perhaps its just too amped with the mid level lows

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think you care more about being a Debbie to be honest.

im not getting 10:1, we know that. But even on the warmer solutions we pound here at some point: I’m expecting 6-9” of heavy Phil.

Have I been wrong? I know what it takes around these parts. I’m not feeling the big snows, but hopefully a decent storm. 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

3K usually sucks beyond 30 hours but that said it does tend to have a cold bias at that range in the MLs at times so the fact its somewhat torchy down there could be concerning but perhaps its just too amped with the mid level lows

I feel like 3k usually owns the 12k.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I feel like 3k usually owns the 12k.

Inside 30-36 it definitely does when you're talking about mid-level warm nose stuff...sometimes beyond that in events where you're all snow or all rain with no concerns about mixed precip I have seen it sometimes capture banding ideas or track better than the 12K but it seems to be a crapshoot on that

25 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Just ran the 3km NAM 1 hr snow from my basement.. 5.3" of snow in one hour lol.. The 3km snow output total is from only 2-3 hours of snow, not good relying on 6" of snow to accumulate in 2-3 hours with borderline temps.. 

image.thumb.png.cc1446d0288d4c02b4f9d3179ad08480.png

Rgem seems to be highlighting that same area of enhancement. Looks good overall.image.thumb.png.de21f511bd565840800dcead54c4d219.png