• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lmao…Ukie is a joke.

He’d be posting Weather forecasts as he throws the book at people, cuz the Euro shows rain for Brooklyn NY in winter climo. 

still don't understand how thats the 2nd best scoring model. I know it's at H5, but still...it's wildly all over the place like every storm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

still don't understand how thats the 2nd best scoring model. I know it's at H5, but still...it's wildly all over the place like every storm

That’s kind of like saying the METS are the second best baseball team in NY.  Ya they are, but they are behind most every other team also, and still suck.  The model is sub par period.  I’m sure somebody will show some H5 score from Nepal..but I’ll discard it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Both the NAM and GFS have solutions that don't appear to my eye that they should have as sharp a cut off on snowfall on the cold side of the precip shield as some of the clowns are showing. Probably goes without saying as they typically aren't dynamic in snowfall ratio.

Forecast soundings show that the column around the chicken coops is mostly around -10C, serviceable for dendrites (and Dendrite). There are also some steeper lapse rates in the region of lift that could give a little boost. All in all it looks like a higher ratio potential on the north side, that could smooth out the gradient in snow totals. 

H7 front right over the bamboo. 
IMG_6284.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Massive CCB. Slow this bitch down.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That run is more intense than 12z even, but what made that run nuts is that it appeared to almost get captured a bit.....look how much slower it exits in the 12z than any other run....that is huge when you're snowing 2"/hr.

South coast gets into a little danger here the past couple of euro runs. 2m concerns aside, the dryslot and H7 0C hug the coastline for a bit after an initial thump. Then it’s back to some snow in the ccb as the mid level low passes. 

• Like 1