• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We tried to tell the pope but he pompous and now he gone…

Ya know... It wouldn't be so bad if the Pope was open to the different possibilities.... But he gets so Lazer focused on one thing and will not deviate from that no matter what. Things would be so much easier and there wouldn't be these issues with him if her were more open. But hey... What do I know..lol

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It still doesnt mean this can’t come further north from a more potent SS and possibly less confluence but the idea of it being a nne hit because of phasing is becoming less and less likely. 

Absolutely true. This can go either way. The thing that gets me is that certain people get so fixated on one extreme or the other. If people just went with the flow and enjoyed the ride... We'd all be happy.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Ya know... It wouldn't be so bad if the Pope was open to the different possibilities.... But he gets so Lazer focused on one thing and will not deviate from that no matter what. Things would be so much easier and there wouldn't be these issues with him if her were more open. But hey... What do I know..lol

It’s ok though. We still love him even though he hates us. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I think his model interpretation for this potential event has been good.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

when you increase the confluence, you also increase lift near it due to the convergence. so although there is less phasing, you'll still get very heavy precip dealing with a shortwave like that

It raises the stakes because it emhances for the haves and is harsh for the have nots.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Thank God for brooklynwx99. It's great to see comparisons at H5 to illustrate differences in either model run to model run or model to model vs. using snow maps to illustrate trends/differences. 

here's one that many will like. anyone see a trend?

ezgif-6-a63abff45f.thumb.gif.0d05a0526029e427fe73b168954f4f91.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think speed of movement is the big limiting factor even if it comes together.

Which seems to be the norm the past few years.

31 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not much wind again.  Those storms don't seem to exist anymore

Which also seems to be the norm the past few years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Windy blizzards come with the big ones.  This is a potential medium sized one at best

Yeah it’s funny how a lot of the fast movers don’t have much wind. Though 12/9/05 would beg to differ…but they seem to be the rare exception rather than the rule. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don’t need it.  Just ruins the snow 

Euro says Let's drift the shit out of this snow for a week straight. Heavy winds and low  below zero dews and fresh snow with wind chills near 0 and teens for a week. Let's massive drift this bitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

It would be sick if we got the winds they did in the Great Plains with their major storms. That's what really separates their storms from ours in terms of impact. 

That and hills and trees. Living near the ocean however rivals the Midwest for winds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That and hills and trees. Living near the ocean however rivals the Midwest for winds.

True...to some extent the ocean can certainly give the Midwest a run with the winds. I would love to experience a true Midwest blizzard though, I would have to think its something that would be more epic than what we ever see here. I mean how often do we see portions of 84/91/95 close due to a winter storm? Portions of I80, I90, I94, I29 will close multiple times per winter and sometimes for multiple days. Conditions just get too dangerous to even have plows going out.