• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

GFS is a lot slower than the EPS. 
It isn't at all buying an earlier phase, but a second vort in northern stream looks liable to hook up while over eastern conus. If not now, then in future runs.
Yeah, if our southern s/w keeps ticking slower and that vort is still there we *might* be able to land a biggie. Keep in mind the initial timeframe for this system was late afternoon on the 14th-15th...

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

There's still huge discrepancies just on how strong the southern stream vort is, and speed of it,, pretty early on around day 4 nevermind phasing. Kinda shocked by this, actually.

What really sucks about this too is, if these discrepancies remain over the next few days there isn't a heck of a lot we can do. It's not like the error is resulting from sampling or lack of sampling. It looks like its just a result of how quickly the southern stream reaches maturity and exactly how strong the jet streak gets as it rounds the base of the trough and when this starts to occur. There are so many factors which can play into this that we may not know for sure until real-time Monday morning. 

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, GGEM barely gets much up here either....CT/RI special. How about a 70/30 compromise in favor of EPS?

Lets get those srn stream deffy bands up here...the kind that goes nuts due to the confluence. Like BWI-PHL Feb 2010.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

What really sucks about this too is, if these discrepancies remain over the next few days there isn't a heck of a lot we can do. It's not like the error is resulting from sampling or lack of sampling. It looks like its just a result of how quickly the southern stream reaches maturity and exactly how strong the jet streak gets as it rounds the base of the trough and when this starts to occur. There are so many factors which can play into this that we may not know for sure until real-time Monday morning. 

...The more important question to you is, when did you cheat on Miley Cyrus with Taylor Swift?  

M'yeah the more I look at this ... the more I'm seeing the origin of problems over more vs less phasing potential is actually coming from the transitive influence of the E. Pac flow relay.  It's sending negative interference downstream during present era of modeling cycle trends. Not saying it goes on to be the final... I've seen these things correct from this range.  unknown.  But that's it, no question.

So this is more of a scaffolding of the entire flow structure, at continental/hemipheric scale issue. We are simply not generating enough of a R-wave ridge signature over western N/A .. under cutting the -EPO ridge (speaking to the operational's handling) is bad in this case. 

This below ?   Is a piece of utter shit  ... very little/zero means to force wave space coalescence down stream

image.thumb.png.9a03c39e44567c2ecaed055cf24355b4.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It's a south outlier but you can't deny the trends at 12z.

65c5035a63ece.png

65c503f9f0831.png

65c50469bea89.png

Keep it where it is, and then tick it north come Monday/Tuesday.  

Just another solution at the moment. But yes, northern stream not phasing in, but acting as confluence instead seems to be the latest trend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Pick your suck.....it will be fascinating to see exactly which version of suck we get this time.

This obviously could be true, but I’m not necessarily thinking that at this juncture.  Let’s see how things go over the next few days. I like this better than congrats CNE/NNE like many were thinking yesterday and the day before.  She’s morphing.