• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

Given the deep layer mechanics going on at the time ( as is and of course subject to change from this range...blah blah blah-blah blah) that 156 hour panel is 3-5"/hr thundersnow between ORH and ASH.  It could rain .75" inches and they'd still clock a foot after the change over... then, another 2 to 3"  over the 6 hour mortality of the event

35 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nah, my take on the GEFs is that y'all missin the boat on the most important aspects ...which in fact add to the general probability make-up of this thing.

Let's first get this into higher confidence before we divvy out cosmic dildo inches to whom ? 

That defense posturing psycho-babble gets tiring - it's okay in funny/small/sardonic doses but do we have to wade through people's mental sludge for 6 f'um days?

This mean is in fact 2 to perhaps 4 mb deeper per interval comparing to the 06z/prior spread.  It also has less spread indicated, with a more of an even dispersal of 980 or lower members.  The mean is parked over the climate dot for bigger events between NYC and PWM 12z this next Tuesday... at which time the 850 mb temperature is S of PVD.  That's just about as far as we need to focus for now. 

Agreed. I mean we are 6 days out…all of these solutions are pretty much not correct at the moment.  What we do know is that this looks to have the potential to be a big powerful system somewhere off the N. East coast.  

And I’ll gander that it’ll probably…(wait for it)….”attenuate” as we close in. The last few yrs that’s been the theme too.   How’s that for this yrs buzzword.  

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

There are other maps to analyze besides snow maps. 

Anyways, here is the Euro at 120. Definite differences versus the GFs with both streams

image.png.765c27c2a0e9324daaa51c5a0eabaf55.png

Faster and less interaction no run to run continuity yet.  Much worse for most .  We will get something vastly different at 00z I assume 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Faster and less interaction no run to run continuity yet.  Much worse for most .  We will get something vastly different at 00z I assume 

Yup...very hard to gauge any kind of expectations right now. Just too much inconsistency. I wouldn't even put much stock into the ensembles right now either. 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Yup...very hard to gauge any kind of expectations right now. Just too much inconsistency. I wouldn't even put much stock into the ensembles right now either. 

I agree ensemble storm tracks have been extremely volatile this year.  Need to wait this one out until we get multiple cycles of consistency 

• Like 1