Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

Good thing they just traded for one of the best pitchers in baseball...

Os will be more than fine- they have pitching depth to deal with the inevitable pitching injuries that hit every team every year. 

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

He meant to say it tastes like Miller Lite

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Winnah

Beer blows.  I hate carbonation, well, more the way it tastes, so I don't drink any soda or beer whatsoever.  If I'm having an alcoholic drink, it better be something like on the rocks espresso martini or some Grey goose 

21 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Can’t wait for 2nd and 3rd call…

image.png.846cfd2d26c4ed2e35d01ee7defecac1.png

A number of mommies from the "Real Housewives" Lamebook group for our subdivision SWEAR by DT's "phenomenal" forecasting skills on his odioius WxRisk site, and recommend to all of the other neighborhood mommies fretting about FCPS calls to delay and/or close schools, to follow DT because of his "good track record." 

8fzdds.gif

1 hour ago, Solution Man said:

Headed to Sixty Vines for dinner, then Macallan 15 by the fire

SV = good food, good wine, great choice....and I like your follow-up plan. I only have Evan Williams 1783 on hand...but I think I'll pour a couple fingers of that between 10 and midnight, and see how long my old ass can stay up beyond that to catch some pics of the incoming snow.

Tonight, if I was there in the DMV. I would be headed up 28 from Manassas, to 7, to 9, Paeonian Springs up past Hillsboro to good old Charles Town Races & Slots. Got a feelin that wxtrix land is a very good spot this go around. I would play roulette and craps and blackjack and score. And watch some terrific snow rates and jebwalk extensively.

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

You got to know when to hold ‘em

Know when to fold ‘em

Know when to walk away

Know when to run

You never measure snowfall 

When you’re lookin’ at a model

They’ll be time enough for measurin’

When the storm is done

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Boo. I’m staying up for my hour of snow. Radar looks ok to the west.

Been up watching The Wire for the past few hours, so not a total waste.

The Wire will be your saving grace tonight...one of the best TV shows ever. 

6 minutes ago, WVsnowlover said:

Well I tried to stay positive on this one bit the writings on the wall now. Snow is light now and back edge isn't far off. Eyeballing about 1.5". Oh well still absolutely beautiful out there. Love the night shots on this Android. Goodnight all!

20240217_012147.jpg

NightSight mode on the Google Pixel is the absolute best. 

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’d been putting off The Wire for some reason, but ripping through it now. Almost done with Season 3.

Favorite character has to be Ziggy’s duck.

Yeah, we tore through six seasons on less than a month. One of my favorite characters on any TV show comes from The Wire: Omar Little. Michael K. Williams is one of the best...and gone too soon. 

• Like 1

Yeah, we tore through six seasons on less than a month. One of my favorite characters on any TV shoer comes from The Wire: Omar Little. Michael K. Williams is one of the best...and gone too soon. 

Love Omar. Just scared for him literally every time he’s on the screen. I feel like he’s gotta be on borrowed time.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Shouldn't be attacked for disagreeing that it's going to snow a lot though.. this isn't a kiddie board 

Stop it. You weren’t attacked for saying it wasn’t going to snow more. By the tIme you said that most agreed the forecast was too high. Myself and others called you out for false statements you made repeatedly to imply the forecast was never justified.  You said models NEVER showed more than a few inches. You said qpf wasn’t trending down.  Several people told you that wasn’t true. I posted the 12z NAM, GFS and Euro all showing more snow. Yet you continued to make the same claim again and again!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Stop it. You weren’t attacked for saying it wasn’t going to snow more. By the tIme you said that most agreed the forecast was too high. Myself and others called you out for false statements you made repeatedly to imply the forecast was never justified.  You said models NEVER showed more than a few inches. You said qpf wasn’t trending down.  Several people told you that wasn’t true. I posted the 12z NAM, GFS and Euro all showing more snow. Yet you continued to make the same claim again and again!  

In marginal situations, those high conversion rates don't work. Since temps were always suppose to be in the low 30s, I was right that models never showed more than 4".. I've looked at the snow depth product of every model since they started showing snow for this timeframe. Up where it was colder, they went higher.. that's how it works. I would say that over 28 degrees you get the ratios shown on snow depth, and under 28 degrees it maybe goes a little higher.  NWS updated at 9pm today with 5-8" hold.. What were they thinking?  Anyway it was very defensive pointing out that the models were not actually showing 4-6" around DC last night.. that's all. Hope you enjoyed the snow. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic