• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

14 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Lol I mean not for this run, but I just noticed there was more interaction and closer...was wondering what happens if that trend continues.

i dont see a trend...sorry

15 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Lol I mean not for this run, but I just noticed there was more interaction and closer...was wondering what happens if that trend continues.

focus on Saturday moderate wave and PSU storm

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

if the PD storm is going to happen...the GGEM looks way better than the awful GFS

gem_z500_vort_us_27.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

0z more of a cutter look booooo

Same sort of signal on the 6z GEFS. Getting NS energy to dig far enough south to phase in time has been challenging this winter. The weaker than expected look in the NA probably doesn't help for this period. Still 10 days out.

Jacked up setups is all we get this year it seems. Analogs have beaten that drum start to finish so far. I really don't see much to talk about other than med-short range jacked up stuff. Analogs continue to show mixy messy lucky stuff but nothing organized, 

General personality of winter has been unwavering east of the MS. Personally, imho only, I think the lion's share of the problems are simply being out of sync when it matters. Too much real estate being affected to call it a midatl warmer earth problem or a new normal. Sometimes things just break bad. It happens. I also strongly believe that given the same parameters leading into to another winter can easily yield different results. 

The one analog that has shown up over and over is 1980. Just unrelenting and near the top of the list for all of Jan and still there now. The other common ones just reinforced the idea of a boring as hell winter. And here we are lol. Anyone bored?

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I also strongly believe that given the same parameters leading into to another winter can easily yield different results. 

^^^^^ this times 10,000. Every winter is unique. Pattern analogues, nino, qbo, epo, pna, nao, etc, help us guess. But they don't predict!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

^^^^^ this times 10,000. Every winter is unique. Pattern analogues, nino, qbo, epo, pna, nao, etc, help us guess. But they don't predict!

When the big Dec -ao/nao flipped like a rocket to big +, it was a warning sign. I didn't want to talk about it. I was still biased that blocking would reestablish and stabilize. Then it did basically the same thing in Jan. I kinda gave up on a big winter right then but kept it quiet. Blocking was still on the menu everywhere down the line. And it's happening again. That's my towel throw for tracking anything beyond med/short unless something real shows up at long leads.

I've learned over the years not to fight winter personality with expectations no matter what data was used to make predictions leading in. I call it a lot of things. Train tracks, personality, repeating patterns, but it's all the same. When I observe anything repetitive during met winter, I take it seriously no matter what. Especially if it bucks consensus analysis. 

I don't have any answers irt "why" personalities do what they do because they are usually a monkey wrench confusing people (like me). You don't need the answer to adjust thoughts though. 

We can still get big snow or go on a heater but that clock is ticking. I'm not expecting it buy I will most def party if it happens 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

When the big Dec -ao/nao flipped like a rocket to big +, it was a warning sign. I didn't want to talk about it. I was still biased that blocking would reestablish and stabilize. Then it did basically the same thing in Jan. I kinda gave up on a big winter right then but kept it quiet. Blocking was still on the menu everywhere down the line. And it's happening again. That's my towel throw for tracking anything beyond med/short unless something real shows up at long leads.

I've learned over the years not to fight winter personality with expectations no matter what data was used to make predictions leading in. I call it a lot of things. Train tracks, personality, repeating patterns, but it's all the same. When I observe anything repetitive during met winter, I take it seriously no matter what. Especially if it bucks consensus analysis. 

I don't have any answers irt "why" personalities do what they do because they are usually a monkey wrench confusing people (like me). You don't need the answer to adjust thoughts though. 

We can still get big snow or go on a heater but that clock is ticking. I'm not expecting it buy I will most def party if it happens 

Seems like one winter personality trait is the last minute south trend. Any cutter at range should be seen with skepticism <_<

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Seems like one winter personality trait is the last minute south trend. Any cutter at range should be seen with skepticism <_<

We can and probably will back into more stuff. I 100% agree there. That's been our savior lol and a local personality for sure. I'm watching snow as I type after 50 degree rain and no arctic (or cold) air around lol. Weather is a trip. As with all tripping, some people can't handle it and shouldn't take 2 Nino tabs on Dec 1st

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic