• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What is needed for interior elevated but south of 90?

I think you just need the mid levels to remain cool and hope you don’t slot.  Like even in the gfs…..I know it’s south, but you do need some dynamics to help.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I think you just need the mid levels to remain cool and hope you don’t slot.  Like even in the gfs…..I know it’s south, but you do need some dynamics to help.

It would seem in a setup like this the better dynamics would be south vs north ala 12k Nam. I’m sure another MLK type deal is coming though.

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

they don't even have a forecast up yet, just a chance of plowable snow map away from shore.. 

I just watched it, he said “several inches and a plowable snow possible, we’ll be assigning numbers to this, this afternoon” I felt that was bold to even hint at based on current trends.

5 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

I just watched it, he said “several inches and a plowable snow possible, we’ll be assigning numbers to this, this afternoon” I felt that was bold to even hint at based on current trends.

You know guys, if you remember the last snow event we had a few weeks back. It was a lot of back and forth of how much snow we were going to get in the interior. And I remember two or three days before the event that we were just going to see maybe a few inches from what the models were saying. But the meteorologists on most of the local TV stations still kept there numbers in a similar range. In the end, I ended up with about eight inches in Plainville. So I would agree this is not a dead deal for anybody in the northern half of Connecticut as far as powerful snow goes

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I’m just going to bide my time until Will gets excited for his hood.  No need to get vested before then.

Cautiously optimistic for our area. We have a little bit of elevation and being out near 495 helps. I’d like to see some more solutions that give some higher rates like the NAM…and it doesn’t have to be 12-15” like the NAM, but at least a couple 3 hour panels that drop 0.25”+ of QPF. 

I feel pretty good telling people in this area that we’re probably getting at least 2-3” but whether it’s likely we get 6”+ is still not answered yet. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t use those Narcan maps. The nam had a nice thump south of pike in CT. I think Scooter even posted that. Farther north near NH my concern would be qpf. 

My concern is also precip type if the mid levels don't get going. But I would be careful with this clown maps. I agree elevation helps. 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t use those Narcan maps. The nam had a nice thump south of pike in CT. I think Scooter even posted that. Farther north near NH my concern would be qpf. 

Mid levels were nice more north, but nam almost had a convective feature near here. However I’m not buying anything close to that clown output right now. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My concern is also precip type if the mid levels don't get going. But I would be careful with this clown maps. I agree elevation helps. 

You’ll probably be fine too. A little latitude as winds start to CAA 925-850