• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

@WEATHER53 I don't want to start a back and forth that derails the thread.  I shouldn't have been so short just now and I apologize.  But we both know we do not agree on some things.  And that is fine, hopefully you can agree that lately I have not been engaging with you and letting you say your peace.  But may I ask that you don't put words in my mouth or quote me to further your agenda when it's not in the spirit of what I said.  I promise I won't do that to you either.  If I want to make a point I will just make it.  That will keep our engagement more civil.  We will probably never agree on this, but we don't have to fight about it, we can just have our different points of view and be two ships passing in the night for the sake of everyone else here.  

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, paulythegun said:

For the 5th/6th, EPS has these three panels + 48 panels of nothing or almost nothing. 

2aNlO02.jpeg

the EPS(likely cause of these 3 panels) did considerable bump up the QPF

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

@psuhoffman this is the week after the EPS ends… it is timed up with the EPS perfectly at 360hr as well

IMG_4506.thumb.png.e1991fce01246a87d0bc7905a23f9d67.png

President's Day window. Probably our last shot at the Big One as those have historically happened during this time frame. After the 20th, we'll be swimming upstream. Can still score then, just the max upside gets a bit smaller.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I like the PD period for our first BIG threat 

Ha, love it.   I am not sure if I like the term Big or First better ?  (    I like both !!!  )      Thanks for your updates psu.  

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

President's Day window. Probably our last shot at the Big One as those have historically happened during this time frame. After the 20th, we'll be swimming upstream. Can still score then, just the max upside gets a bit smaller.

we have a better show generally Feb 10-Feb 40th than December. Early March has been pretty favorable lately

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Looking at seasonality, blocking cycles, and other data, including the increased odds of another signifincant - NAO period, it would not shock me if we get that - NAO in early March. This might increase the odds of a higher end winterstorm in early to even mid March, despite climo aurguing otherwise. 

Mid Feb into early March has been the target for a more favorable pattern for while now on the extended tools. That hasn't changed. Seeing it at the end of ens runs now. Getting lucky with something sooner would be a bonus but a lot would have to break right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

@WEATHER53 I don't want to start a back and forth that derails the thread.  I shouldn't have been so short just now and I apologize.  But we both know we do not agree on some things.  And that is fine, hopefully you can agree that lately I have not been engaging with you and letting you say your peace.  But may I ask that you don't put words in my mouth or quote me to further your agenda when it's not in the spirit of what I said.  I promise I won't do that to you either.  If I want to make a point I will just make it.  That will keep our engagement more civil.  We will probably never agree on this, but we don't have to fight about it, we can just have our different points of view and be two ships passing in the night for the sake of everyone else here.  

We don’t need to do that I agree.  We do not agree on the efficiency and usefulness of models. 
There is  Way More  to my weather enjoyment than following models.. I think it’s the bulk of your enjoyment and I need to be more sensitive to that. In return you dont need to take up a challenge every single time I comment  on models. I’m not commenting on You.

That might work 

17 minutes ago, Alfoman said:

18Z GFS rolling now...crazy east trend continues for that shortwave to our NE past 5 runs 

gfs_z500_vort_us_fh90_trend.gif

Need that confluence for a decent surface High and cold enough low level temps (if precip comes far enough north). Gonna be hard to win here.