Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

36 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We had “The Look” in 97-98 multiple times and got phasing southern stream coastal bombs 3 times I think? Just that temps were in the 40s and the rain/snow line was around frostburg…

I lived in southern New England at the time.  Even up there, 97-98 was a pretty bad winter.

1 minute ago, str8liner said:

It will be nice to not having to listen to my furnace running 24-7 which ultimately makes my bank account get smaller.

No models needed to forcast that. :lol:

Most here would take a second mortgage if it meant cold and snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

So, we're not keeping one eye half open about the Sunday thing?  It's the longest of long shots, but I mean..there's a high right there. All we need is to thread the needle, and an eclipse or something

It’s all we got for awhile so why not? If I lived on Mt PSU or in Winchester I’d definitely be watching. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

So, we're not keeping one eye half open about the Sunday thing?  It's the longest of long shots, but I mean..there's a high right there. All we need is to thread the needle, and an eclipse or something

Oh yes. Some of us are watching closely 

• Like 2

LOL at the GFS, out at the end of its run!  @Ji already mentioned above that it's actually trying to set up a MECS at that time, whatever it's worth.  Could that be the @psuhoffman "getting snow in an imperfect setup" scenario?  The 500-mb pattern is a mess, lots of moving parts (yeah, I know, and ops at range, but...).  I guess if things are actually trending better toward the 2nd week of February, this would perhaps indicate a lead into that transition?

36 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Lol, the gfs looks tropically warm over the next 10 days. No chance of anything frozen in this Africa type heat.

As advertised there is a significantly amplified PNA ridge with wave breaking pinching off and dropping TPV lobes southward. A major reason is the NPac jet is extended with a strong jet core exit region pretty close to the US west coast. Not all bad despite the myths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

*jots down note* Snow on April 8th, 2024 during solar eclipse. Gotcha! Don't have to worry about sun angle during an eclipse.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Webb with an anti-flame emoji!?

El Nino favors an extended and equatorward shifted Pacific jet, and the results downstream are often beneficial to our hopes and dreams. Seems he is attempting to be intellectually honest with this one lol.

• Like 6