Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 18-19 Storm Threat: Bob Chill made me do it

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I imagine it holds or shifts the slightest bit north. It’s been consistent recently, which is great for my good being consistently over 3”. Good dynamics should help with this one so long as the jet doesn’t cross north of us. 

Agreed, I do like the h5 pass and that coinciding with the LER of the jet. Should help with some ascent to get us decent rates vs the really light stuff. These can juice up closer to gametime provided you have an ideal s/w pass. We do have that here (as modeled). 

• Like 1

Everybody sitting nervously waiting on the euro … if the models do start improving, I think you’re gonna have to wait until the 0z or 6z runs to see it. The euro may hold, but I think this one will have to be closer to the event.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

Every run's PBP in this thread is, "SW digging more... SW more diggy... more diggyer." but then it ends, "Drier... norther... more north..."

Yeah. That would be my lame ass attempt at pbp. I am just going to go back to my goto "pummeled, hammered, massacred and beat down" descriptions. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Everybody sitting nervously waiting on the euro … if the models do start improving, I think you’re gonna have to wait until the 0z or 6z runs to see it. The euro may hold, but I think this one will have to be closer to the event.

Almost hope the Euro is "NEXT!" so Randy can shut this thread down and work his magic :ph34r:

Just now, Ji said:

lost a full 2 inches from yesterdays 12z run smh

yeah - it's drying up. Room for things to go the other way, obviously, but slightly dissapointing.

Rates also suck. Most people aren't going above 0.25"/hr and that's with some Kuchera generosity. Looking less likely to be modestly disruptive on Friday and moreso just a snowpack refresher (which is still nice!)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic