Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 18-19 Storm Threat: Bob Chill made me do it

stormtracker

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Man if the lead wave doesnt run off with all the moisture… this has much bigger potential with just a slight adjustment. 

How feasible do you think any interaction is with that? Especially given we're at relatively short leads. I mean the energy you're referring to isn't THAT far out in front of the s/w. 

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

GFS is basically an ots solution.  Euro kind of is, too.  CMC seems iffy with the low deepening that quickly.  I think expectations of a light event is probably the move at this point.

It’s Tuesday and the Euro took a big jump. Not ready for this type of quiet resignation 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Yeah, we’re OK, just one run. It was dry AF though

S/w coming down was dug actually further south than 12z, but the trough seemed broader then we'd like. Need more interaction of those energies. Close. That's why the runs can be juiced then dry, a little difference has a big impact. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

S/w coming down was dug actually further south than 12z, but the trough seemed broader then we'd like. Need more interaction of those energies. Close. That's why the runs can be juiced then dry, a little difference has a big impact. 

Interaction is the key, need that to happen.

Last two storms models took until 24-36 hours out to get it right. That’s the pattern so expect the same.  If start time is 12 noon Friday then noon Thursday reveals the deal with some non tremendous wavering possible by midnight beforehand 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

It looks like a Norlun trough setup (Philly disco mentioned it)...maybe that's the path to victory.

19 minutes ago, 87storms said:

GFS is basically an ots solution.  Euro kind of is, too.  CMC seems iffy with the low deepening that quickly.  I think expectations of a light event is probably the move at this point.

Right now until noon Thursday the models are engaged in waffle mode.  Every six hours will move back and forth showing DC proper getting from 0.5” to 5”. 

Just now, WEATHER53 said:

Right now until noon Thursday the model are engaged in waffle mode.  Every six hours will move back and forth showing DC proper getting from 0.5” to 5”. 

You're probably not wrong lol.  I'm rooting for a moderate event...and a diggier vort.

4 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

That's really the one thing that kept this from being an actual big dog, that positively tilted lobe and energy racing out in front. It's still close to being more as @psuhoffman said, but time is a little limited on getting what we need. A small change though would have big implications. 

7 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

What one “off” run does to mf after 6 consecutive good trends

Pump the brakes.

I was making an analysis because it was getting quiet to prompt analysis...didn't once say "it won't snow".  I said my expectations are of a light event.  I could lie and say my expectations are for a nor'easter (but that's a want).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

How feasible do you think any interaction is with that? Especially given we're at relatively short leads. I mean the energy you're referring to isn't THAT far out in front of the s/w. 

A full capture phase might be out of reach but a trend towards more interaction maybe. 

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic