• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Should be some great riding this weekend after this one in NW Maine.

Winter is in place, with a fluffy light refresher on tap.  

IMG_7597.thumb.jpeg.803a4119769044571f5ea540ce2858ce.jpeg

Hope you guys get fluffed.  Large part of the north has a big/tall DGZ, add in some fronto banding and someone likely has a good event through CNE into NE NNE.

• Like 10

Absolutely terrible photo of Orion that I just off the back deck by holding my phone. The fact you can make out some of the nebulosity in the Orion nebula itself - even while through a thin cloud layer - is a testament to how far camera sensors have come over the past few years. Tis also rather cold out. At 10.6⁰.

Screenshot_20240115_220002_Gallery.jpg

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice hit there for you Mainers.  Develops at the right time.  Could be some good ratios

Hoping so!  

Ratios are fickle at my spot just 3mi inland - and 3mi from PWM.  Without checking my Cocorahs data, I'd guess my average ratio is between 7:1 and 8:1.  At least for the the 6 years I've lived here, which includes 3 as PWM obs ('21-current).

I'd be interested what GYX has for climo ratio for PWM, and if ratios at my site are significantly different.  Obviously my data only accounts for 3 years vs the 30 for climo, so not really a fair comparison yet, but I'm wondering if that lower ratio count persists over the next decade.

This system is trending right up to go time.  Those that ridiculed and made fun of the folks who said that there was time for changes back on Saturday and Sunday, let this be a teachable moment.  

Looks like I polished this turd to a pretty nice shine T Blizz…;)

• Like 4