• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

When I use the confused emoji, it means that I was confused.  ymmv.
This storm grows up in N. Maine - CAR forecast is 8-14.  Latest for home is 4-8, which has steadily edged upward over the past 2 days.  We'll wait and see what the GYX night crew thinks.
Wcsh showing 3-6" including the county

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Just now, Patrick-02540 said:

How do you get such early access to the Euro maps to make your map??  (Just kidding!) Good Job!

Well, let's see how it pans out.....I just hedged towards the meos because globals can underestimate the penetration of the warm tongue in SW flow situations. Nice to see the EURO validate the trend, but need to see what actually happens.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Hopefully we get NW ticks!  I want to rain kinda-sorta, let's get the snow well NW to ski resorts and snowmobilers!  

Def trying way too hard on this one…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, let's see how it pans out.....I just hedged towards the meos because globals can underestimate the penetration of the warm tongue in SW flow situations. Nice to see the EURO validate the trend, but need to see what actually happens.

The warm layer is pretty marginal so I could see it going either way in that 128-495 zone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I've been on board, nothing wrong with hoping a solution comes to fruition, no?

It comes across as disingenuous trolling because we know your historical weather preferences from many years of previous posting. I’m going to guess pretty much the entire forum doesn’t actually believe you have an emotional investment for 1-2” of snow and then 37 and rain instead of 3-5” of snow. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I've been on board, nothing wrong with hoping a solution comes to fruition, no?

Even better, let's hope that the ski areas and southern areas both get the snow they're looking for. Then everyone will be happy. I did see a post from someone in Vermont that they've had snow almost every day and have a really good base all around the areas of Vermont, New Hampshire. So it sounds like they're doing better anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Even better, let's hope that the ski areas and southern areas both get the snow they're looking for. Then everyone will be happy. I did see a post from someone in Vermont that they've had snow almost every day and have a really good base all around the areas of Vermont, New Hampshire. So it sounds like they're doing better anyway. 

Saw some great pics from Alex @ Bretton Woods, hopefully a few bands set up shop for those folks. <3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s why I blocked him…trolls constantly. It’s Much nicer. 

I really don't care, it's just words on a screen from someone i have never met irl. I just think it's funny, the endless trolling he's been doing literally over the past DECADE and then pretends he doesn't :lol:

it's cool, we hit each other that confused or weenie emoji all the time. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It comes across as disingenuous trolling because we know your historical weather preferences from many years of previous posting. I’m going to guess pretty much the entire forum doesn’t actually believe you have an emotional investment for 1-2” of snow and then 37 and rain instead of 3-5” of snow. 

For sure, he's a troll. No denying. I don't want snow because it makes my work difficult but I don't come on here and taunt people who do. Especially at times when people are looking forward to snow. Let's get some cold in here however. That I do like...

• Like 5