• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

Kinda wild the difference between the mesos and the globals. RGEM goes over the canal, HRRR over ACK, GEM/EC over the BM and GFS well SE of the BM. Still think well see a compromise, somethings gotta give we are approaching 24 hours till start time, at least on the mesos.

The timing differences are also pretty stark with HRRR/NAM 10pm-midnight moving into S CT and the EC/GFS not really getting things going until 7AM ish on Tuesday.

Our first call was 1-3, we'll be making a final call tomorrow but i think for now that still stands. 

01_14.24_jdj_ct_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.e767ef87200ddbfb0642182c8e053d67.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

Rgem is also an ice problem for CT. A lot of light precip, tiny ice crystals due to the lack of good lift just coating surfaces. Needs to be monitored

qpf is still meh for any major issues.. it would be slippery but nothing special

qpf is still meh for any major issues.. it would be slippery but nothing special

Residual moisture after the initial lift is done. Like freezing drizzle if you will. Just talking about down here where the Nams show it. It snows an inch or two then some frdz. Could be a road problem

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeatherX said:

Rgem is also an ice problem for CT. A lot of light precip, tiny ice crystals due to the lack of good lift just coating surfaces. Needs to be monitored

There was a convective blob out east on these model runs earlier that the SLP was chasing pulling the baroclinic zone further east and this last cycle or two has not done that and has held the SLP further to the west, You can see this on the 0z HRRR.

• Like 1

There was a convective blob out east on these model runs earlier that the SLP was chasing pulling the baroclinic zone further east and this last cycle or two has not done that and has held the SLP further to the west, You can see this on the 0z HRRR.

I like seeing that. It’ll mean we take one for the team down here but you’ll possibly cash in on a quicker storm formation

4 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

I like seeing that. It’ll mean we take one for the team down here but you’ll possibly cash in on a quicker storm formation

Its been ticking slowly to develop the slp sooner and a bit further south on some of these runs in the GOM instead of into NS.

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Now you’re just trying to push TBlizz over the edge. 

I honestly don’t care at this point, if we run into something in the next 6 weeks I’ll welcome it, but like the last couple seasons, this has become a tedious exercise at this point.

i haven’t been following this closely after the last couple days but it looks like we are going to manage to get the double shit sandwich here. The storm is going to be weak, and north, therefore, slop.

18 minutes ago, snowemgee said:

Nam 00Z70e6685d358c3f464ff03ec416707657.gif

This animation represents why I still think we have a light moderate snow across most of New England. This storm even when tracking it pretty far east has seemed to want to put precipitation down pretty far west. I think that’s a good sign and I think we still have a shot at something decent. And still a shot at a biggie the end of the week. 

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

This animation represents why I still think we have a light moderate snow across most of New England. This storm even when tracking it pretty far east has seemed to want to put precipitation down pretty far west. I think that’s a good sign and I think we still have a shot at something decent. And still a shot at a biggie the end of the week. 

It’s not really east… it’s tracking along the climate route if you look at the center of that mass - it’s really just that it’s weak and spread out therefore