Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

2 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

wow it's snowing HARD. 32.2. Quarter sized flakes. IMG_1278.thumb.jpeg.a976bccac5926c241a92c62dd63c764f.jpeg

Send some my way lol we've been raining for last 30 minutes I'm baffled right now, temps dropping sun going down heavier bands setting up and rain.  Not throwing the towel in yet but close 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

Not my picture but summarizes my feelings well regarding the entire day today where rain has been occurring or mixing in.  

IMG_5234.jpeg

I'm really sorry about the warm nose.  But this pic relates to me as I've been measuring my accums by peeing my name in the snow and timing how long it takes to fill in.  Yes I'm a weirdo.  And yes it's snowing very hard here.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Dsty2001 said:

There's a battle going on right now, huge flakes and then rain rinse and repeat, looks like snow right now hopefully it stays that way

How much do you have? Such a strange system. I'm 99% sure this is to blame on timing. If this came through any other time really it's all snow. 

I mixed with rain for a couple hours from 3-4:45 but even then never went full rain.  And I was the one the high-res had no snow for. 

Just went on a long drive out to the Rhea/Roane county line. Spring City might get a foot. They had over 6" when I left and it was snowing about as hard as I have ever seen. I parked my truck for 20 minutes and got just under 2" on the mirrors and the toolbox.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

How much do you have? Such a strange system. I'm 99% sure this is to blame on timing. If this came through any other time really it's all snow. 

I mixed with rain for a couple hours from 3-4:45 but even then never went full rain.  And I was the one the high-res had no snow for. 

We maxed around 3in then the rain compacted it and it's a snowy slushy mess out right now.  Sitting right at 33, needs to hurry up and cool down!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

Still rain here in Greeneville. I'd imagine we are in the running for the bust award for this system. Western and Northern Greene Co have healthy 4-5'' totals. What a total warm nose screw job lol

It's finally staying all snow here

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic