Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

Coastal people feeling sad are falling for the pump fake. No you won’t get a foot, but you should see several inches this afternoon. CCB has trended stronger as we continue through the event

I’m looking forward to it. Cstl front is well ahead of timing to. Metro west will clean up. Maybe 2 to 4ish BOS?

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

The Worst Kind of Storm:  

We Never Switched to Rain :scooter:  :D  

And we HAVE NOT GAINED 1” in 6 HOURS!! Too Warm.  Won’t even stick to the snow.  Just Melts on contact.  :arrowhead: 

Slushy mess, gonna snow all day bet we get an inch at most.  

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m looking forward to it. Cstl front is well ahead of timing to. Metro west will clean up. Maybe 2 to 4ish BOS?

Perhaps logan might not climb out above 4 but I bet the city proper will see more than 4. Maybe I’m optimistic, but this progression is promising. Reminds me of Christmas day 2017?

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_fh1-6.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

Perhaps logan might not climb out above 4 but I bet the city proper will see more than 4. Maybe I’m optimistic, but this progression is promising. Reminds me of Christmas day 2017?

It will also depend on coastal front timing. That depiction snows snow at like 34F which won’t do anything. 

1 minute ago, Henry's Weather said:

Notice how the r/s line collapses. Coastal people are jumping the gun on cancelling this event, mark my words

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It will also depend on coastal front timing. That depiction snows snow at like 34F which won’t do anything. 

My brother in law said it’s been snowing in Marblehead 1/2 from the ocean.  Nothing to show for it there, but he said it is beginning to accumulate as you head toward Salem 

7.5" as of 7 am ...

Interesting Obs:  

...32/31 at 3:45 am;   24/23 at 4:15 am.

We have a lot of tree and wire sag.  

There were subtle hints of a blueish tint to the dawn overcast while flurries persisted. It was like 'blue sky dimly visible.'  Very little wind.  Very serene.  I snapped this pic.

image.thumb.jpeg.fd7ceba0423310a0b849f5c2289f7690.jpeg

Steadier light snow has resumed nearing 9am

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MuddyWx said:

4.5" , 32.3F at 8:45. Some of the bigger amounts just to my NW, but not bad.. think this area gets another 5" or so when all is said and done

What a gradient here! You just about close to 5", guy right next to me in Billerica says he had 9". Must have be the texture of the snow based upon the temps last night. Some snowed at 34-35degrees while other snowed at 31-32 degrees in that band. Incredible. Hopefully a few more inches as this thing pulls away.

• Like 1