• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

My final measurement is 11.0", so I've still never measured a foot.  Without the blowing and drifting later in the storm, I probably would have.  All the spotters in and around Cedar Rapids who are reporting 12-15" must have more favorable locations to measure.  Even with a 2-stage blower, cleaning this stuff was a long workout.  It's the most wet snow I've ever received.

Models really blew it when they shifted the heaviest snow band southeast yesterday.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

My final measurement is 11.0", so I've still never measured a foot.  Without the blowing and drifting later in the storm, I probably would have.  All the spotters in and around Cedar Rapids who are reporting 12-15" must have more favorable locations to measure.  Even with a 2-stage blower, cleaning this stuff was a long workout.  It's the most wet snow I've ever received.

Models really blew it when they shifted the heaviest snow band southeast yesterday.

Congrats!  This storm will haunt me for awhile.  Just shit luck the past 4 winters. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The 13.2" report in Hiawatha was mine and is from IC, it's misplaced on the map. I assume because the address associated with my spotter ID is a Hiawatha address. So at least that one is bogus.

1 hour ago, WestMichigan said:

GRR reported 4.1" of snow with 0.94" of precipitation.  Talk about some heart attack shoveling.

Not sure, but seemed like an over performer here in West Michigan in general. All schools cancelled today, 2nd round really produced here in Jamestown (se Ottawa county). I’ve easily  got 4-6 on my deck railing/grill, and most of that was after a brief bit of rain early afternoon. Models seemed to catch on to SE/flatter evolution which helped keep the rain/snow line further south. Beautiful out right now. 

10 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

GRR reported 4.1" of snow with 0.94" of precipitation.  Talk about some heart attack shoveling.

It was around 5” here in the grass, 4” on the driveway. I can confirm awful to shovel, especially after putting it off and driving on it.  There was some light drizzle yesterday evening during the dry-slot lull, but it was ripping fat flakes the rest of time, even with temps around 33.

8 hours ago, Toro99 said:

Not sure, but seemed like an over performer here in West Michigan in general. All schools cancelled today, 2nd round really produced here in Jamestown (se Ottawa county). I’ve easily  got 4-6 on my deck railing/grill, and most of that was after a brief bit of rain early afternoon. Models seemed to catch on to SE/flatter evolution which helped keep the rain/snow line further south. Beautiful out right now. 

Definitely lots of tree stickage.  Thankfully the late-hanging leaves are all off by this time of year.  I don’t know the species, but I have a few shrubby trees on the border of my yard that seem to hang on to their leaves until mid-December, and last year a bunch of branches broke off in the pre-Thanksgiving storm.