• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

Models' Kuchera graphics are showing awful ratios, about 7 to 1 throughout the heavy band.  DVN, on the other hand, is predicting ratios above 10 to 1.

DVN has upped my area even more to 11-16".  I was thinking the earlier 6-11" seemed a bit high at the top end.  If Kuchera is correct, we will only get 6-9".  We will need the higher ratios for DVN's forecast to verify.

Models' Kuchera graphics are showing awful ratios, about 7 to 1 throughout the heavy band.  DVN, on the other hand, is predicting ratios above 10 to 1.

Yea, can’t envision above 10:1+ ratios panning out for much of the duration of the storm. Can’t rule it out on the tail end though, as a bit of colder air tries to filter in.

It’s really interesting so see some of these offices go with amounts that either mirror or even exceed Kuchera based amounts on most guidance.

16 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

This is gonna be one of those situations where you don't really have a full/total handle on how it's going to go until we're deep into it, for the metro/NE IL that is.

Tbh this is how it feels for almost every storm. The models are good for highlighting the potential snow amounts, but where the bands setup always comes down to nowcasting.

5 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Tbh this is how it feels for almost every storm. The models are good for highlighting the potential snow amounts, but where the bands setup always comes down to nowcasting.

In this case for NE IL/metro I mean more-so due to the R/S line and lake influence combination.

It's going to be really interesting to see how they both pan out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

In this case for NE IL/metro I mean more-so due to the R/S line and lake influence combination.

It's going to be really interesting to see how they both pan out.

You and I are pretty much on top of each other in Dupage no? I know guessing is a fool's errand but how do you feel in your heart of hearts?

12/26/09 is an event that comes to mind that had an extreme gradient through the Chicago metro.

I think you may be thinking of a direct one.

12/26/2009 was the surprise snowstorm. Cold temps and very high ratios were featured.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

I think you may be thinking of a direct one.

12/26/2009 was the surprise snowstorm. Cold temps and very high ratios were featured.

Remember telling Thundersnow it was going to be a 1" slush storm and he lost his shit.

• Haha 1

LOT’s recent graphics. The solid gold bordered snow block from midnight to 6pm tomorrow for Rockford area has me excited as a snow enthusiast.

It also has me slightly concerned as the snow removal guy for both my house & my in-laws next door. P&C from LOT has the wide range of 7-15 potential inches.

IMG_8105.jpeg

IMG_8104.jpeg

IMG_8103.jpeg