• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

Not sure why this run sucks. Synoptically it looks the same to me. Slp and sfc high placements shuffle a bit, thermals fluctuate a tiny bit. It’s noise. Nothing really changed

Both 0z nam and gfs are finally in agreement. Well, for this run at least

• Like 8

Not sure why this run sucks. Synoptically it looks the same to me. Slp and sfc high placements shuffle a bit, thermals fluctuate a tiny bit. It’s noise. Nothing really changed

Time for the Meso models and hoping cmc is right

The one thing I noticed were warmer 850s… not by much but every tick in the wrong direction makes it harder to go back in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

That was my very amateur read as well.  Looked almost identical to 18z.  

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

Pretty similar. Just  Cut back on precip. The gfs has done that off and on the last couple of days. 1.5 qpf then it will have a run if .75.

The low is too far west

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

Time for the Meso models and hoping cmc is right

Yeah we should start looking at mesos now, its 60 hours till game time. 

CMC - careful what you wish for. Brutal cutoff in snow amounts. I’d prefer a more uniform thump for most of us even if the jack is less snow. Lets save the biggie for the better pattern up ahead

• Like 3

Gfs to me looks like a 2 to 4 inch event before a chang over  to rain for me in north central md.. not bad fir a first wvent of season. Hopefully thsts just the beginning of whats to come later

A low level warning event is still in the cards in my neck of the woods in Carroll county. Not counting us out just yet. Still think we see things shift a bit further SE between now and tomorrow night.

This is the appetizer in the upcoming pattern. MLK day and beyond is gonna be a smoke show. Can feel it in my bones.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

A low level warning event is still in the cards in my neck of the woods in Carroll county. Not counting us out just yet. Still think we see things shift a bit further SE between now and tomorrow night.

This is the appetizer in the upcoming pattern. MLK day and beyond is gonna be a smoke show. Can feel it in my bones.

Yeah i saw that bro long range is looking good for us!!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic