• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2024

Just now, BornAgain13 said:

If the Euro don't show much today, we may have to chalk this one up as a win for the Euro.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Todays 12z and tonight’s 0z had better show some movement away from what the GFS just showed or this one might be DOA. The trend is not your friend when those two models are against you 3 days out. Still time and today’s system plays a big part in the final solution. I have never jumped on this system tho. I still believe the following storm is the one to watch 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GaWx said:

Regarding the overall pattern: Latest GEFS MJO forecast is not what most would expect during a cold/wintry SE US period, strong in phases 4 and 5. Actually, the opposite wx tends to occur with this MJO. This illustrates well that it is just one factor and tells us only what often happens rather than anything even close to what always happens.

IMG_8896.png.c4982dd6a7702e9bdd8943ae8e5f4c34.png

Its moving too fast.  We have had some discussions about this on twitter/forums recent days that historically waves that move fast in mod or greater ENSOs have reduced impact.  Also, the GEFS badly overdid the strength, all winter so far EPS has been too weak/GEFS too strong but this time the EPS  almost looks like its forecast 10 days back for late Jan may win...both have also been too slow moving the waves 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Its moving too fast.  We have had some discussions about this on twitter/forums recent days that historically waves that move fast in mod or greater ENSOs have reduced impact.  Also, the GEFS badly overdid the strength, all winter so far EPS has been too weak/GEFS too strong but this time the EPS  almost looks like its forecast 10 days back for late Jan may win...both have also been too slow moving the waves 

The mjo will be aligned when we get out to 23rd or so with what should actually be happening in our region.  From the 26th on though I'm curious how fast it moves to near the CoD or over to 7/8 space.