Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

2 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As long as it's not kick-canny!! :D  But seriously, yeah, the level of consistency with that look even as it is now almost approaching the edge of the ops range is unreal.  Let's hope it is real!!

Not gonna lie: For a little while I thought you were a poster I wasn't familiar with...did not realize you had changed your name until a few days ago, lol I was like "Oh, somebody else remembered my Beethoven antics!" Hahaha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Not gonna lie: For a little while I thought you were a poster I wasn't familiar with...did not realize you had changed your name until a few days ago, lol I was like "Oh, somebody else remembered my Beethoven antics!" Hahaha

Haha, yeah, decided to go with a new screen name.  I also considered it back when I first joined this site (when it was "Eastern US WX" at the time!), since I like the Leslie Howard version of The Scarlet Pimpernel!  But I guess you can only change it like once every ridiculous number of days (30,000??), so basically you can only change it once and that's it, I guess unless one asks permission to change again.  Not that I want to now, kinda like this one better than what I had before but I got so used to that I didn't bother for a long time until recently hahaha!

3 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

So I guess we are on pace for a region wide BECS on or around the 17th of February.  But after that 50” snow- what’s next?  Lol

LOL, I always found that term "BECS" amusing, like the elusive unicorn of huge snowstorms..."Biblical" East Coast Snowstorm, where Moses must part the 30 foot drifts of snow along the Beltway or something! :lol:

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, CAPE said:

About to open this bad boy for HH. Got it for 22 bucks which is a actually a bargain.

Coffee.jpg-e1671677397221-525x622.webp

Can a beer choice be beautiful? Oh...in this case, I think it can. Very jealous.  ;) 

41 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

@CAPE i went ahead and did it bro.  Its Friday. What the hell why not. Dude said they didn’t make any last year and he can’t get any. I got the last bottle.  Gratuitous Superman watch pic. 

IMG_3325.jpeg

IMG_3324.jpeg

OMG, DFH 120....unbelievably good...and jealous of this, too, as I haven't been able to find it on our parts lately. Please also throw out the Miller Lite...you're doing yourself a favor in the long run. Finally, I personally care more about your sweater choice (which is on point) than your watchface. But I totally understand the classic Superman love...especially in this era of tepid Marvel/DC universe movies.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Can a beer choice be beautiful? Oh...in this case, I think it can. Very jealous.  ;) 

OMG, DFH 120....unbelievably good...and jealous of this, too, as I haven't been able to find it on our parts lately. Please also throw out the Miller Lite...you're doing yourself a favor in the long run. Finally, I personally care more about your sweater choice (which is on point) than your watchface. But I totally understand the classic Superman love...especially in this era of tepid Marvel/DC universe movies.

I do get compliments on this sweater a ton.   Look, Miller Lite is what it is...it's beer flavored water.  But I'm trying to keep my body tight and in shape...the shit is 90 calories so I don't feel too bad when I drink it.  It's good for what it is.   I'm more into IPAs and dark lagers, but I can't be throwing back 150 calorie beers like that.

That's the ONLY Superman as far as I'm concerned.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

Chatting with a friend in Taiwan.  It was warmer in DC today than it was in his yard at 22°N latitude.

I am frackin' JEALOUS! I had to make do with only 55 degrees here in SOUTH Texas! I had to wear a light coat!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Haha, yeah, decided to go with a new screen name.  I also considered it back when I first joined this site (when it was "Eastern US WX" at the time!), since I like the Leslie Howard version of The Scarlet Pimpernel!  But I guess you can only change it like once every ridiculous number of days (30,000??), so basically you can only change it once and that's it, I guess unless one asks permission to change again.  Not that I want to now, kinda like this one better than what I had before but I got so used to that I didn't bother for a long time until recently hahaha!

Wait, who were you?

• Haha 1

I've spent the better part of the last 30 years regulating my emotions...don't get too high or too low that way things that disappoint don't bring me down much while still being able to enjoy the good times. This practice will serve me well with this potential upcoming pattern. You can definitely already tell the ones who will crash and burn if it fails to deliver. Epic is going to happen regardless of the patterns results lol :scooter:

4 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I've spent the better part of the last 30 years regulating my emotions...don't get too high or too low that way things that disappoint don't bring me down much while still being able to enjoy the good times. This practice will serve me well with this potential upcoming pattern. You can definitely already tell the ones who will crash and burn if it fails to deliver. Epic is going to happen regardless of the patterns results lol :scooter:

Imagine this place if we're entering March with an additional .00 inches of snow lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

So would you agree that this is something that took time to learn? If yes...why not have more patience for those of us younger, less experienced ones still in the learning process of doing this?

• Weenie 1

@nj2va 

Skied wisp last night.

I thought it was great. Snow was getting a little thin in spots but love the length of the trails. I've only ever skied at  liberty and whitetail and there much smaller in size overall. 

Going today as well. Hopefully the rain holds off till tonight. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

@nj2va 

Skied wisp last night.

I thought it was great. Snow was getting a little thin in spots but love the length of the trails. I've only ever skied at  liberty and whitetail and there much smaller in size overall. 

Going today as well. Hopefully the rain holds off till tonight. 

Glad to hear that!  While it sucks the pattern relaxed in time for your trip, at least they’ve gotten a ton of natural snow this month so the conditions are still good.  

If you are looking for a place for dinner, recommend checking out Pawn Run.  It’s about 20 mins south of Wisp off 219 - a bit off the beaten path but we love it.  

Have a great time!

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic