• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

6 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

when you take out all the model variations and everything like that this is what it’s been telling us for a couple of days now.

Not much on the coast, maybe a few slushy inches in the city and immediate northwest burbs, and as you approach 287, you may get closer to 6 inches

Sounds like most storms in most of the 90s....I'd come into Elizabeth and there'd be rain and an inch of slush and people driving in from PA with snow boots on and we'd be like WTF? 

8 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

agree....this is getting ridiculous now...the talk of next weeks storm really has no business being talked about with an event just 3 days away.

Someone want to start another thread for the 1/9-10 storm? This thread was created for both. 

• Like 2

Just forked over another $200 for a second night in Allentown at the arena for Saturday night's indoor midget racing event (cars).  Bring it on.  I'll be in the sweet spot regardless what sloppy rain/mangled flakes fall at the beach back home.  Better than worrying about what state plows i-78 better.  

• Haha 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

Models are all over the place with this storm. That's the beauty of tracking and losing sleep like I have .

They actually haven’t been. Relatively consistent minus the GFS today and now Euro. Writing is on the wall. Some will see snow but low amounts and not nearly as widespread as anticipated. IMHO

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Euro more amped this run 

Very little snow even for our area in Middlesex County on the Euro now. Ugly 12z runs today. We still have a ways to go, but we've known that this is a real thread the needle situation. I'm not optimistic, but still hoping we get lucky. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I'm talking about all the runs from this week so far.

Focus day by day. They were relatively consistent for 3-4 days. Today we saw a complete reversal as energy gets sampled. Writing on the wall. Not even sure it’s worth roadtripping for this one anymore. 

• Confused 1

Just now, BoulderWX said:

Focus day by day. They were relatively consistent for 3-4 days. Today we saw a complete reversal as energy gets sampled. Writing on the wall. Not even sure it’s worth roadtripping for this one anymore. 

Still all over the place, yeah today it went NW but yesterday went SE. Won't be fully sampled until overnight.

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Still all over the place, yeah today it went NW but yesterday went SE. Won't be fully sampled until overnight.

Today’s been relatively consistent sans the CMC and we know what that’s worth. Unfortunately don’t think more sampling helps us here. Hoping to be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

Last 6 runs of the euro.  We're actually back to where we were yesterday at 12z

trend-ecmwf_full-2024010112-f156.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

Euro technically isn’t all rain but it’s definitely a step in the wrong/amped direction along with the other 12z. As I said if there’s not enough confluence to force this east before we warm up near the coast, it will try to hug the coast because of the trough out west and SE ridge response, unless we end up with a shredded up S/W like a couple GFS runs had which does us little good either. And there isn’t much of a cold airmass ahead of this to help. So we shouldn’t be surprised at an outcome like that when we lose what we need. 

And for those posting snow maps like the 10-1, all that’s telling you is the liquid equivalent x 10 of what falls as snow, not what sticks on the ground. Up near I-84 or NW of 287 that might be a reality but down here it will be less. 

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic