• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We have a small window near the city between the storm being too warm/NW and weak sauce/SE. It’s possible the storm goes through those goalposts but it’ll be tough. 

Yeah a true thread the needle as we've been saying. Let's hope we get lucky. We certainly got lucky with many thread the needle storms during the great run of snowfall winters we had before the last few years. You never know. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yep I think that would be a good early call for NYC if you had to make one, but it's very early to be making a call. A long way to go. 

its way to early in a borderline situation to be making any call 3 + days out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

I guess you haven't been paying attention in the last few years.

if you are going to be making blanket statements provide some proof.........oh and thanks in advance

Just now, NEG NAO said:

if you are going to be making blanket statements provide some proof.........

Just now, Stormlover74 said:

Mostly for signs of a warm nose causing us to flip to sleet. But I agree the nam won't see that til Friday 

yea but that nose might not be real that far out

5 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Nice front end on the cmc next week 

chances are with all the blocking a secondary may develop along the coast south of us - this was discussed by Arcfield Weathers Paul Dorian this morning..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vegan_edible said:

gfs in a bit stronger than last night and keeps the fun going with some light-er snow all day sunday. lets hops the cmc and euro show something a little more amped and we find a happy middle ground. im hoping for a solid 5-6inches in white plains. i do wonder though since i've only lived down here for a year and half and experienced snow twice in this region, would y'all consider white plains a "coastal" area? 

Live here too. I feel like we are the beginning of the non coastal area/ inland, but I really have no clue! I’ve wanted to know that too!

Just now, Stormlover74 said:

If it sees it it's usually right. It's rare we luck and stay all snow if the low is onshore. 

most models have the LP moving away east northeast from the coast and also light snow lingering through Sunday

6 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

North of 78 barely flips to any rain

meaning a mixed bag NYC and metro suburbs just west - Hudson - eastern Essex - eastern Union and Northern Middlesex Counties

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, binbisso said:

The two positives are The snow will fall at night and temperatures Friday night will be in the low 20s away from the immediate shore and heat islands.

and the nights are long..........sad we have to consider that on January 6th - 7th

42 minutes ago, vegan_edible said:

gfs in a bit stronger than last night and keeps the fun going with some light-er snow all day sunday. lets hops the cmc and euro show something a little more amped and we find a happy middle ground. im hoping for a solid 5-6inches in white plains. i do wonder though since i've only lived down here for a year and half and experienced snow twice in this region, would y'all consider white plains a "coastal" area? 

no

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic