• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

Obviously you never should focus too much on Op runs at 100-120 hours but I cannot remember a single major system where the Op Euro was not overamped the last few winters...the fact its consistently been the most SE the last few runs is sort of concerning to me as that has rarely happened in recent years on stronger systems at this range.  Its a very apparent bias that is absent the last 2 days here 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

I thought we were rooting for stronger? Is it cause it's mostly southern stream now? 

It lost the Miller B and now is a southern stream Miller A which might help us out just like what Allsnow said.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

I thought we were rooting for stronger? Is it cause it's mostly southern stream now? 

They don’t know what they’re rooting for. We’re seeing what sticks.

One has it north and strong. one has it east and weak. But both those equal the same thing snow then rain. one because it’s not strong enough to pull cold air in and one because it’s too far north, and brings us warm air.

The rest are somewhere in between.

Long story short if you live near 287 you’re gonna have a good day. If you live in Long Beach, you’re gonna have a bad day. If you live in city youre gonna have a miss near enough to stay tuned

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, the_other_guy said:

listen, you always root for Miller A over a Miller B. I don’t even know why Miller Bs exist if you live in New York City 

We do fine with Miller Bs but not as good as SNE northward. 

1 minute ago, Franklin0529 said:

Really? Off one run of the gfs? Earlier everything was amped an too warm.. I'd be happy with a 3-5" storm. But I doubt that happens at my location 

From the start due to the confluence and the breaking down of the ridge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I have always found anytime confluence is a concern it abates sometimes on models around Day 4-6 only to start becoming a problem again inside of that.  Its why I am still concerned this could move SE.  

But Goose with all this Northern trends South and East would be a GOOD thing for snow lovers especially along the coast , no ? Unless you are not looking for or wanting snow ?

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic