• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

51 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If we have easterly winds off the water it’ll warm right up to above where snow can stick if not rain. It’s really about the track of the storm obviously and whether we can hold onto offshore winds. And yes-if it does end up more suppressed there’s the risk the storm is just too weak and it’s too warm anyway. We have a airmass that can work but not ideal. Suppressed would happen with strong confluence or a weakening wave coming east. There’s a possibility we can do okay especially where we are but it’ll take a lot to go right. 

I know I know, just having some fun. This could be a storm where you double my total, every mile NW makes a difference in these setups 

32 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

IMG_2869.jpeg

IMG_2868.jpeg

I know how to read a clown map.  I also know how to read a temperature map and a sounding.  You don't want this fight.

Tl;dr:  the 10:1 clown maps are misleading on accumulations in marginal setups like this and not particularly useful along the coastal plain right now.

7 minutes ago, psv88 said:

I know I know, just having some fun. This could be a storm where you double my total, every mile NW makes a difference in these setups 

We'll see. Something left on the ground after it's over will be a win in my book. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NittanyWx said:

I know how to read a clown map.  I also know how to read a temperature map and a sounding.  You don't want this fight.

Tl;dr:  the 10:1 clown maps are misleading on accumulations in marginal setups like this and not particularly useful along the coastal plain right now.

1-3 is a good call for the coast . The cold air isn't impressive but things can change .

3 minutes ago, kingbaus said:

Ok I take it back but it looks real weak. Heard the cmc is real good.

May be playing into the GFS south bias at this range but this was apparently resolved with the latest upgrade? In any event weak crap won't work for the city and east either because of the warm flow off the ocean before the storm. Light precip would likely be just white rain.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Models look great tonight 

Gfs and cmc

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne (1).png

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.png

yes and to think 12 hours ago some including PT and snowman19 were talking NW trends and mostly liquid ........and then that funky looking 12Z EURO

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, NEG NAO said:

yes and to think 12 hours ago some including PT and snowman19 were talking NW trends and mostly liquid ........and that funky looking 12Z EURO

I never thought this was going to be really amped. Now we have a wildcard with the trailing wave . 

Love seeing the cmc trend colder and further east.

Gefs coming out soon and ukie

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic