Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Near 50 , feels great outside . Snow melting fast in Sunny spots . Fine by me - not like I cross country ski in town 

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Even up to 42° with sun here. Love it.

Hoping to hit 50 here but not sure it's happening.  41.2 in the sun at the moment.

image.thumb.png.62b4fafcca8a6c6c95208cf5f0b9bd78.png

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No 60’s and 70’s.. lol . What happened?. Stayed in upper 40’s 

We got to 52 here though it’s fallen back to 48 now and that’s all she wrote. Today was the day to try and sneak it in…the euro and others touting 60+ for tomorrow were always a pipe dream with that setup to our northeast. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We got to 52 here though it’s fallen back to 48 now and that’s all she wrote. Today was the day to try and sneak it in…the euro and others touting 60+ for tomorrow were always a pipe dream with that setup to our northeast. 

The. AWATT crew trued. We told. They covered ears  Certainly a learning experience for them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The. AWATT crew trued. We told. They covered ears  Certainly a learning experience for them. 

Lol i don’t think it matters either way. Lost pack in any areas less than 4-5” AWT. 

Hopefully replenish Sunday/Monday. 

• Like 3

After seeing the 12z HRRR I ran down to the Warner Market Basket off 89 to run around screaming about bread and milk. Pretty stark difference in snowpack down that way (they had maybe half as much as me). Anyway, reached a high of 43.3 here back home but have since dropped to 42.6. Checked the models and it seems like the 18z HRRR is still trying to murder me and my family, wish me luck.

50 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

18z HRRR and 3km NAM have decided to up the freezing rain threat. Check out the FRAM estimates and the total ZR QPF on the 3k NAM. Not sure I've ever seen green show up on one of those before.

18z 3km NAM FRAM ZR 20240125.png

18z 3km NAM Total ZR 20240125.png

18z HRRR FRAM ZR 20240125.png

That’s going to be really bad for those areas. Those maps are almost always too bonkers but even if it’s 25% right then that’s some significant icing