Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

14 hours ago, NittanyWx said:

It's a delicate balancing act of the 3 factors you're reinforcing here in addition to a low track omplicated and influenced by both upstream and downstream factors.  And that's before we even get to the resolving of Canadian HP strength at hr 168.

Lot more moving pieces here than just surface high and track of the low.  Thought it was kinda ridiculous to simplify it down to such.

Anyway, happy new year!

I hope you keep posting!

Regarding the 7th and the 10th, the models are going to keep on changing as we're well aware. Yesterday's runs were amazing last night runs were okay.... We're going to have the models going back and forth. I think we'll have a really good idea for the 7th, probably by this Thursday/Friday.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

10th probably a SWFE or cute so just accept.

I imagine You woke up , looked at models , screamed at kids who were loud by 8am , your heads pounding and then stood in front of bathroom Mirror and told yourself to just accept the 10’th is gonna see some liquid 

• Haha 6
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I imagine You woke up , looked at models , screamed at kids who were loud by 8am , your heads pounding and then stood in front of bathroom Mirror and told yourself to just accept the 10’th is gonna see some liquid 

I mean all the angst yesterday looking past the 7th and already worried. FFS just enjoy what/If we get snow on the 7th. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean all the angst yesterday looking past the 7th and already worried. FFS just enjoy what/If we get snow on the 7th. 

And the 10th might even be a net gain even if we’re flipping. Esp interior. Hopefully we trend that one just a bit more. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Loads of time for the 7th and 10th too come in completely different than what's depicted.

Yeah the longwave pattern isn’t going to change much but there’s some details that will matter a lot on both threats. For both, what happens to our north and east is going to affect things. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the longwave pattern isn’t going to change much but there’s some details that will matter a lot on both threats. For both, what happens to our north and east is going to affect things. 

What are you thinking for best analog for jan 7? Reminds me of a mini Jan 96 lite 

• Weenie 1

So much hostility for no reason. We finally not only get one event to track, but two and that still isn't good enough :lol: 

Those up in northern areas certainly have some legit concern but the 7th is certainly the best signal and threat we have had in quite some time. Still a quite a bit of uncertainty involved and not sure I like the crap of shortwave mess but beggars can't be choosers.   

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

What are you thinking for best analog for jan 7? Reminds me of a mini Jan 96 lite 

Almost looks like Feb ‘83 aloft…with a bit of the first storm from Dec ‘96 mixed in (12/6/96) since it comes in slightly more neg tilted and west of ‘83….but just like ‘83, there’s that risk of shooting ENE. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Didn’t you say you didn’t like the warmth in last nites EPS for the 7’th 

Last nights EPS was colder than 12z and a great hit for SNE and CNE 5-7" mean at this range is legit. Several monster hits as well, the lean is North rather than south though so several NNE big hits rather than the Mid-Atlantic, which is good at this range for this forum as it seems like the bigger risk is a whiff south rather than a messy mix.

Posted snow axis for just that storm so you can see where the lean is. 

IMG_2401.png

IMG_2400.png

• Like 2