Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Closing shades for 3 weeks with a -nao in Central New England is not smart. Maybe down here on south coast we get skunked but even we can get lucky down here in the tropics. 

Especially when that blocking is starting to CAD the 1-10 system. That one might not have rain for at least NNE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

To be sure, I think Jan is going to torch. The grass has greened up and it will stick for the next couple of weeks at least. That’s what all signs are pointing too-observationally, MJO, global guidance, and even the guys at the CPC. I’m not saying it will never snow again, but we are in a very poor synoptic pattern for snow at the moment, and it actually looks like it gets worse before it gets better. First week of Jan looks slightly AN, but then we’re back to +AN. 

I do think it makes sense to wait until that analog consensus for El Nino’s —very late Jan into February period which tends to have a large scale switch to wintry conditions. Although, before getting more enthusiastic for a big comeback we need that timeframe to come within view.

One thing is for sure, the folks who were saying that this El Niño already peaked are going to be dead wrong 

crw_ssta_graph_nino34.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Closing shades for 3 weeks in Jan with a -nao in Central New England is not smart. Maybe down here on south coast we get skunked but even we can get lucky down here in the tropics. 

Yes Jan 4 threat is real. I’ve made that clear. It’s a small window before the large scale pattern reasserts.

But I think this window is dry for our subforum.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Who needs models when you have green grass and geese. 

Yea guy, modelology FTW..

Better off listening to the 12z CMC over the 12z GEFS. Right? That cohort of modelololgists wasting everyone’s time. Verification scores; easiest thing to check but let’s look at more garbage output because, well, we’re lazy and can’t think for ourselves.

Good luck.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

Laugh at what you want but these dumazz tik tokers would have had higher verification scores than most of the people in here —degrees and all—by studying effin’ wooly worms for 3 min. Yup that’s right, those big ugly hairy mfers crawling around your yard in late fall.

But models…

Sebastian Maniscalco voice: “Aren’t you embarrassed???”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1