Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday, December 17 - Monday, December 18, 2023 Storm

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

More often than not, the raw gust output runs hot. Despite the scale being in knots, you're probably better off considering that to be mph, which is a 15% reduction.

Obs from the Carolina’s, say this is real. Very impressive for a non tropical event down there. And the seas are just nuts, with a huge fetch. 27’ at 14 seconds off South Carolina doesn’t happen often. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Obs from the Carolina’s, say this is real. Very impressive for a non tropical event down there. And the seas are just nuts, with a huge fetch. 27’ at 14 seconds off South Carolina doesn’t happen often. 

Very impressive stuff down there. I had a family member on the SC coast near their tornado and had a 70mph gust reported in the area. Not to mention Charleston flooding.

20 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

This one has that look of one that’s going to really go Hammertime 

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yup, I just posted in the NYC thread, everyone thought Isias was meh, until it went full ballistic. Just like now, you could see the obs down south. This one’s going to bite, hard.

Isaias was wild in CT too. Big rips from a weak TS. This has a huge rise/ fall couplet , rapidly deepening low and a strong high/ pressure gradient . I just don’t understand these posters and Mets on here thinking under 40 mph. We’ll see.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This one has that look of one that’s going to really go Hammertime 

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yup, I just posted in the NYC thread, everyone thought Isias was meh, until it went full ballistic. Just like now, you could see the obs down south. This one’s going to bite, hard.

I hope you guys are right. We’ll be looking for the bite and hammer time tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Isaias was wild in CT too. Big rips from a weak TS. This has a huge rise/ fall couplet , rapidly deepening low and a strong high/ pressure gradient . I just don’t understand these posters and Mets on here thinking under 40 mph. We’ll see.

We’re saying under 60 away from the coast, not under 40, so We’ll see if your widespread 60+ for the interior verifies. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

If it fails for interior spots of CT, away from the shore, you’re Gonna have to face the bad call. 

Of course . Always do when bust . However… if the Deb’s saying take under 40, under models outputs no outages no trees down etc are wrong .. they need to acknowledge and tip caps. Will they? 

• Weenie 1