Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Changed over here around 5:00AM.   A crazy 1.25" of rain before the change.  It woke me up twice i was coming down so hard.   About 1.5" on the ground with heavy snow. 

I was passed out on the couch knowing I had the alarm set for 4AM. It's been honestly pretty epic on this side of the mountain. Vis is maybe 1/8mi with +SN and blowing snow, gusty winds out of the NNE

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I was passed out on the couch knowing I had the alarm set for 4AM. It's been honestly pretty epic on this side of the mountain. Vis is maybe 1/8mi with +SN and blowing snow, gusty winds out of the NNE

I was surprised when I woke up a little before 5AM and it was still rain or mostly rain.   The rain was coming down as hard as a thunderstorm.  My 2-4 call is going to bust low over your way and to the east of me. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was surprised when I woke up a little before 5AM and it was still rain or mostly rain.   The rain was coming down as hard as a thunderstorm.  My 2-4 call is going to bust low over your way and to the east of me. 

The models were actually right with the south mountain line being the dividing line possibly. Hope you stack up 2-3" more before it shuts off.

• Like 1

Just before 7:00am here in Carlisle, it is snowing heavily.  The temperature is 32.2 degrees.  As of 6:45 I have recorded 4.5" of new snow for a storm total of 4.5".  Unfortunately, I could not stay up or get up for the changeover, but I am estimating close to an inch of rain had fallen before the changeover.  It was raining heavily at 1:30 am.  Everything is weighed down and getting heavier.  My power has also flickered on and off several times.  We have underground cables around here, which helps in these situations.  Easily on the way to 6"+ with the current heavy rates.

NWS should have left things alone with the forecast from yesterday morning of 4 to 8".  I'm just about to exceed the current 3 to 5".

Just remeasured after 15 minutes more of snow and I'm up another 0.3" to 4.8" storm total as of 7:00am.

• Like 2