Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

Give us an address...we'll see what we can arrange, to make your dreams come true.

Fun story, in that January 2016 32" monster the front-end loader did actually use my street right in front of my house for a piling spot since we have a garage. It was wild. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A little late for modeling but I enjoy talking about it anyway. Latest HRRR basically stops all snow for an hour or two but then energizes as the ULL comes through for another 1-2".  Interesting depiction. 

Yeah most of the guidance has been consistent in showing a dissipation and slowdown during the mid to late morning hours and then reinvigorating early this afternoon with some coastal influence.  May be limited more to people in eastern parts of the LSV but we shall see.  Things have definitely lightened up here considerably.  Bring on the pivot! 

• Like 1

Lt snow and briefly lite sunlight. Back behind the clouds

Not surprising since I  saw the sun when I lived north of BWI the morning of 2/10/10 while waiting for the u/l low to arive. Then got dumped on with 8-10" that fell on top of what had already fallen. Not gunna' happen like that today though.

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah most of the guidance has been consistent in showing a dissipation and slowdown during the mid to late morning hours and then reinvigorating early this afternoon with some coastal influence.  May be limited more to people in eastern parts of the LSV but we shall see.  Things have definitely lightened up here considerably.  Bring on the pivot! 

I don't have faith in a whole lot more accumulations but do in an extended period of lt snow.

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Those developing clouds on this water vapor loop in WV, W MD & W VA usually bode well in these circumstances  

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=continental-conus-09-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

Closeup 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-Virginias-09-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Not surprising since I  saw the sun when I lived north of BWI the morning of 2/10/10 while waiting for the u/l low to arive. Then got dumped on with 8-10" that fell on top of what had already fallen. Not gunna' happen like that today though.

If you or I get 8 MORE inches from the ULL (not counting streamers that sit over someone later tonight, could be some lucky lottery winner) I will come shovel away Candersons plow drop snow. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He used his trailer as a shield to avoid himself hitting the pole :-)

Almost took out the community ambulance building though.

I know that hill, and it's pretty nasty in good conditions. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

That was freaking awesome. Was on the east side of Baltimore, just under 21” in that one and true blizzard conditions with 35” snow depth. 

6.5” on 1/30, 5.25” 2/2-3, 31.5” 2/5-6, 20.75” 2/9-10. 

Just 63.5” in 12 days…edit to add every one of those 4 had a cool component, 1/30 was the surprise north trend, 2/2-3 popped up 2 days later outta nowhere, then the other 2 are self explanatory 

38 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Noticeable difference in our obs this morning - only 1.7" has fallen here total. Definitely not an overperformer in Maytown to this point - we'll see what happens but right now, not much falling.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Noticeable difference in our obs this morning - only 1.7" has fallen here total. Definitely not an overperformer in Maytown to this point - we'll see what happens but right now, not much falling.

Lanco was really cut in half looking at the radar this Am.  I bet there are some 4+ totals in the south side of the county.    Sorry you did not get them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Lanco is really cut in half looking at the radar this Am.  I bet there are some 4+ totals in the south side of the county.    Sorry you did not get them. 

I bet the Quarryville area south and east really cleaned up.  They were rocking earlier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You have almost half an inch more than me. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes that is quite the difference between us.  I will measure again at 1pm but I should be close to 3", I would think.  Yeah, we'll see what happens with any redevelopment from the coastal but it doesn't look like anything too crazy.  Thinking maybe we can add another inch, 2 if things break just right.

7 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

That was freaking awesome. Was on the east side of Baltimore, just under 21” in that one and true blizzard conditions with 35” snow depth. 

6.5” on 1/30, 5.25” 2/2-3, 31.5” 2/5-6, 20.75” 2/9-10. 

Just 63.5” in 12 days…edit to add every one of those 4 had a cool component, 1/30 was the surprise north trend, 2/2-3 popped up 2 days later outta nowhere, then the other 2 are self explanatory 

It was, until health issues popped up a month later and after almost dying twice and being misdiagnosed twice thereby taking meds that were the cause of all my problems, my memory is a bit jaded.

• Sad 5

Here in Carlisle at 11:00am it is snowing lightly.  The temperature is 28.0 degrees.  So far, the fine flakes have gotten heavier and lighter but they never became big.  At best the rates have been between 0.2" - 0.3" / hr.  The new snow and storm total thus far is 2.3".  Looks beautiful again.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

It was, until health issues popped up a month later and after almost dying twice and being misdiagnosed twice thereby taking meds that were the cause of all my problems, my memory is a bit jaded.

Didn’t coincide with a good part of your life, but at least you’re back in action enjoying with the S PA crew after being a fellow C MD crew member back in the day :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes that is quite the difference between us.  I will measure again at 1pm but I should be close to 3", I would think.  Yeah, we'll see what happens with any redevelopment from the coastal but it doesn't look like anything too crazy.  Thinking maybe we can add another inch, 2 if things break just right.

I'll be driving home shortly, so I'll get some eyeball measurements from Etown to manheim to litltz to akron.  Eyeballing at least 2" here in our parking lot and other items that were clean prior to start. 

18 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Oof.  That sucks.  Glad you got things figured out.

• Thanks 1