Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

10 minutes ago, paweather said:

Thanks good luck today I think you said you can’t watch it but wish the Steelers well.

Thanks! Yes, I'm working long days/evenings this week. Appreciate your well wishes. :) (I have zero expectations and would be stunned if the Black and Gold won) 

Snow and football sounds like a fantastic way to do a Monday evening, doesn't it? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks! Yes, I'm working long days/evenings this week. Appreciate your well wishes. :) (I have zero expectations and would be stunned if the Black and Gold won) 

Snow and football sounds like a fantastic way to do a Monday evening, doesn't it? 

Yep good day for Football. I am one of the few that like both Steelers and Eagles even though around here you have to like one and hate the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paweather said:

I’ll take the CMC for 100!

I’ll take the 12z Canadian for 1000 for Friday!
This has the chance to be another good duration & high ratio event if the players cooperate as they do on this run.

This run has the same look that a couple of GFS & Euro runs have had off & on over the last few days.

Snow map is only for the Friday potential.

IMG_4447.png

IMG_4448.png

IMG_4449.png

• Like 3

Light to moderate flurries and 19º/9ºF

I gotta go elsewhere to watch the Steelers game unless I want to watch it on my IPad. Cable company isn’t coming til tomorrow to reattach my cable line that got ripped off the main line from the wind taking out a tree branch Saturday. No TV or internet, glad I have cellular on my IPad. Had to use my neighbor’s Wi-Fi to get my WS-5000 back broadcasting my obs to Ambient. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes indeed, hopefully you are able to enjoy some of your game later on after your meeting & then jackpot with snow tomorrow, while also tracking the Friday potential!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’ll take the 12z Canadian for 1000 for Friday!
This has the chance to be another good duration & high ratio event if the players cooperate as they do on this run.

This run has the same look that a couple of GFS & Euro runs have had off & on over the last few days.

Snow map is only for the Friday potential.

IMG_4447.png

IMG_4448.png

IMG_4449.png

Good catch!

15 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Light to moderate flurries and 19º/9ºF

I gotta go elsewhere to watch the Steelers game unless I want to watch it on my IPad. Cable company isn’t coming til tomorrow to reattach my cable line that got ripped off the main line from the wind taking out a tree branch Saturday. No TV or internet, glad I have cellular on my IPad. Had to use my neighbor’s Wi-Fi to get my WS-5000 back broadcasting my obs to Ambient. 

sorry to hear.  Good luck to the Steelers.  Hoping for a PA sweep tonight, but the odds are about as good as having a blizzard in 10-14 days from now.  ;)

Latest long range HRRR getting slightly more juicy and hinting at close to 6” of snow in areas like Lebanon County.  That pushes warning criteria as its 5” there
IMG_4128.thumb.png.bbe8cfc0c821638c7bd1b146d8e2f3a4.png

Could be picking up on some of those jet dynamics, which could throw this to warning criteria

• Like 1

-SN here at work.

This reminds me of snows of 'yore...light snow is falling and sticking, yet the sun is clearly visible through the snow here. Reminds me of some Alberta Clippers that actually got snow into our area. I used to get very disappointed when it would snow and yet the sun was out...right now, I'm happy as heck to see the flakes falling. 

Light dusting on all surfaces here except for River Road. 

• Like 1

Just now, AccuChris said:

Latest 18z NAMs getting slightly more amped as well and very much in line with the latest long range HRRR showing a wide area of 4-6” in the LSV region

IMG_4130.png

IMG_4131.png

MillvilleWx (very good met) JUST posted in the MA Obs thread to completely toss the HRRR. Said it is completely clueless with this event, and has been with each run going back to last evening. 

Latest forecast update from CTP saying warning may be needed for the southern folks: 

HREF data run with WPC
forecast SLR between 15-20:1 shows some potential for warning
level 5-6" fluffy totals in these locations which will need to
be monitored for a short lead upgrade next shift
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1