Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Just now, mitchnick said:

I'm in the same accumulation level as 12z. Euro is warmest of all of them. Like I said earlier today, it's so over amplified I  don't put much stock in it. I could be wrong, but we have 66 hrs to fret about it...and I plan on using every hour!

Yea, not saying anything regressed it just continues to overamp regardless of what it's ensembles may have shown.  I do not trust the euro and would never base a forecast on it. 

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

18z euro a little better than 12z for some, mainly north and west. 

snku_acc-imp.us_ne (5).png

This would not be great for the Lancaster crew and is exactly what MU has been hinting at with the warm air intrusion aloft. Or at least that’s what I assume is causing the paltry totals and not just the whole storm shifting north? 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, not saying anything regressed it just continues to overamp regardless of what it's ensembles may have shown.  I do not trust the euro and would never base a forecast on it. 

The day that my mood depended solely on the Euro are over. Like any good weenie, I  want to look at every model for support. But if I  can't get it from the Euro, so be it.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's slipping away for you and I it seems.

Euro just keeps moving further NW every 6 hours. Need it to stop.

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

For us, the modeling has been pretty consistent...almost scarily so! That should make their job easier. Still waiting for the rug to get rug pulled out but not gunna worry about it one way or the other. You haven't been a real disappointed snow weenie unless you lived south of Baltimore for 60+ years.

Nah just 40

• Like 1

Just now, Chris78 said:

Since we're really talking only 25 miles as the crow flies and we're still just under 3 days away, that's easily doable. Moreover, with all 3 other globals saying otherwise, it's the Euro that needs the support. 

• Like 2

Thoughts on the weekend storm...

Look for the snow to start mid to late afternoon Saturday. Anywhere from 2-5 PM. 

The snow should get heavy around 7-8 PM which is when most of the accumulations will happen. 
The heavy to moderate snow will continue until around 1-2 AM overnight and should be shutting down around daybreak Sunday. 

There could be mixing around the Turnpike and around the Reading/Philly area. That will lower snow amounts.

Not thinking it is a huge storm. For most I would say around 5 inches, to upwards of 8 inches in some locations. 

It is still 3 days away, so changes will come. If there are any major updates to the storm I will post them. 

Otherwise enjoy the snow :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I truly do not think the Euro is right with all the other suites showing something different (not counting the NAM for now.)  Are we going to get a Canadian slam jam? Not counting on that either. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I’ll pay someone to go post this in the MA thread. 

IMG-0753.jpg

About 5 years ago I posted there. Here’s your 2 feet of snow.

picture 2 feet made of snow. I was on their shit list for a couple years. :lol:

Was it you who put me up to it??

• Haha 1

Just now, pawatch said:

About 5 years ago I posted there. Here’s your 2 feet of snow.

picture 2 feet made of snow. I was on their shit list for a couple years. :lol:

Was it you who put me up to it??

What I do not get is a good many of those posters are from the days where it was one big forum from Maine to NC. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I truly do not think the Euro is right with all the other suites showing something different (not counting the NAM for now.)  Are we going to get a Canadian slam jam? Not counting on that either. 

I hope your right. I worry its the Euros superior resolution that allowing it to see the temp issues for our area.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

What I do not get is a good many of those posters are from the days where it was one big forum from Maine to NC. 

I don’t even remember names anymore. :stun:

I guess we will find out how the Euro preforms.

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I hope your right. I worry its the Euros superior resolution that allowing it to see the temp issues for our area.   

I was thinking it was more about the pressure and location of the SLP having more of a warm conveyer belt brought it.   Although if you compare the CMC and Euro it truly is not. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was thinking it was more about the pressure and location of the SLP having more of a warm conveyer belt brought it. 

Take a look at the MA thread.  Psu posted the Low track from the 18z euro. 

It's a perfect track rainstorm for Balt/ Wash.

Just need the gfs temps leading in and we'd be good

Just now, Chris78 said:

Take a look at the MA thread.  Psu posted the Low track from the 18z euro. 

It's a perfect train rainstorm for Balt/ Wash.

Just need the gfs temps leading in and we'd be good

Yea, I updated my post and was comparing the CMC and the Euro.  One thing (that has been stated dozens and dozens of times both here and MA) is that we have no room for any extra intrusion, so you point is more than valid.   It is simply not going to be that cold and there is nothing to our north to change that.    

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The answer likely will be somewhere in the middle for most.

Case in point, the snowy CMC.  That red line long way from us so the CMC is counting on temps to decrease from precip rates and pulling down small bit of colder air as well as the time of the day.     So, while I think it would surprise me if the Euro pulls the coup, we have absolutely no room for anything to go wrong.

image.thumb.png.c3581616775f9ff6c53a8176d69a1e7e.png

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I updated my post and was comparing the CMC and the Euro.  One thing (that has been stated dozens and dozens of times both here and MA) is that we have no room for any extra intrusion, so you point is more than valid.   It is simply not going to be that cold and there is nothing to our north to change that.    

I do think heavier the thump the better off we will be. It's going to be relatively dry so hopefully we can get a decent amount of evaporation cooling.

• Like 1