Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs 2023

George BM

5 minutes ago, MDScienceTeacher said:

When you say "We don't have profiles like New York" does this mean that New York Meso station obs have vertical sampling?  And how do they achieve that? Balloons?  

Just curious.

New York has the ability to sample the atmosphere using Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) technology. They get a vertical profile of the atmosphere every 10 minutes: https://www.nysmesonet.org/networks/profiler#stid=prof_alba

While this technology is amazing and extremely valuable, it's incredibly costly to maintain. It would wonderful to have a few of these in Maryland but I don't see that happening for years, if at all. We still have 70 stations to install and then transition to sustainment.

I’m not mad about the weather. It’s beautiful! But I am a little peeved I’ve got stink bugs trying to get in the house.
:grinch:

I oddly don’t mind those things bc they’re basically harmless. Yellow jackets and wasps that live inside basketball hoops, on the other hand…I do mind.

Had 0.45 in the gauge at 7 am report. Glancing now looks like another 1/3 inch since. Temp has been hovering between 44 and 45 all morning. Currently rain and fog, 44.7/44.0 and about 3/4 mile visibility. Fun 'event' for the morning was a bald eagle flew in and landed on a tree less than 75 feet from the house. We watched it sit there and survey the area then fly off after about 10 minutes. This is the second time in less than a month I've had bald eagles on the property! 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic