Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

Just now, Deck Pic said:

I hope I’m still here. Some of the staff here are trying to run me off the board and I’m trying to keep Randy out of it. 

How far is everyone willing to travel? Columbia has a recently opened taproom (Cushwa) that has a separate room and pizza. If anyone was up for it, maybe we could meet up between Christmas and New Years.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 11:04 PM, WVclimo said:

If the Washington-Jefferson snowstorm of January 1772 happened today, it would produce major urban and small stream flooding.

I understand that both Washington and Jefferson were ultra snow weenies!  Why else would Washington cross the Delaware River in the freezing cold on a holiday?!  Also, the British observer at what is now the DCA location gave a very low snow total for that storm, sparking protests bigger than the Boston Tea Party, and played a role in the eventual American Revolution!  I heard that snow weenies were out on barges tossing large snowballs into the Potomac.  Rumor has it that the aforementioned British observer was an ancestor of what we now call the Reaper!  True history, folks!!!

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I understand that both Washington and Jefferson were ultra snow weenies!  Why else would Washington cross the Delaware River in the freezing cold on a holiday?!  Also, the British observer at what is now the DCA location gave a very low snow total for that storm, sparking protests bigger than the Boston Tea Party, and played a role in the eventual American Revolution!  I heard that snow weenies were out on barges tossing large snowballs into the Potomac.  Rumor has it that the aforementioned British observer was an ancestor of what we now call the Reaper!  True history, folks!!!

Post of the year candidate! Classic sig material as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

How far is everyone willing to travel? Columbia has a recently opened taproom (Cushwa) that has a separate room and pizza. If anyone was up for it, maybe we could meet up between Christmas and New Years.

I’d go to Columbia - nice compromise between the northern area folks and the dc beltway folks and the Frederick folks.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I’d got to Columbia - nice compromise between the northern area folks and the dc beltway folks and the Frederick folks.

Well I’m a Sapwood right now (obviously from my last post). Always a great spot. Cushwa is fantastic as well. Probably more room to spread out at Cush though as I’m thinking out loud. I’m totally up for it. Let’s make this happen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Taking a nice hike today in the Catoctins with some friends of mine. Going to get my activity up before I stay inside and watch football on a windy and wet Sunday. 

Anyone got any outdoor plans today? 

My Saturday hiking club hike was postponed unfortunately so I signed up for one tomorrow AM - hoping the rain is light early and we should be wrapped before the bad stuff gets here. Today looks glorious for a hike - enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Taking a nice hike today in the Catoctins with some friends of mine. Going to get my activity up before I stay inside and watch football on a windy and wet Sunday. 

Anyone got any outdoor plans today? 

Saturday is always a taproom work day for me. Fun work tho that sure beats my “real” job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

My Saturday hiking club hike was postponed unfortunately so I signed up for one tomorrow AM - hoping the rain is light early and we should be wrapped before the bad stuff gets here. Today looks glorious for a hike - enjoy!

For hardcore Ravens fans both the Pittsburgh and Cincinnati games are on TV today. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Happy birthday to one of the greatest!! :D

1 Beethoven's 5th motif | School of Composition

I asked for that dish in a Mexican restaurant once, and the waitress said that's an Italian thing. (Where she worked before). Guy at the next table said it's a French cheese appetizer.  "Quickly with cheese".  Pretty confusing,  so I just had the tacos. Y'know, play it safe.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic