• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

Finally posting my long unawaited winter 2023-24 Mid-Atlantic forecast. I'm only posting the synopsis here, but that's ok because the full outlook is identical.

Winter 2023-24 Forecast:

Sooner or later we're gonna time something right.

Maybe more than once.

But maybe not.

Snowfall: double digits at all 3 major airports (10-40")

• Like 1

We have a tail end of an area of rain sweeping thru Texas today.

200 to 1 it misses Buda and Austin entirely.

This is how it is down here.

We have a Nino. We have more moisture in the atmosphere than ever.

Pacific Ocean is filled to the very brim with numerous storms.

We get MISSED again, and again, and again, and again, and again..............

Texas gets less of it by the very day.

It's gonna happen again today, and why shouldn't it? Long term meteorological trends in the Southwest show it is getting drier and much hotter as climate change progresses.

The Edwards Desert is going to intensify and expand, forcing people to move away. They will have NO choice. No water, no fracking life at all.

I haven't come close to giving up on this winter, which is why this post isn't going in the panic room thread. I do think there's some level of cruel irony that there were a few people comparing this winter setup to 09/10, and now we're sitting here looking at a near perfect track for a monster coastal storm around December 19th, remembering that we cashed in huge on December 19th in 2009, but this time it's going to be all rain because there's just no source of cold. 

Just a little painful. 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

No, unfortunately- but I do have about four unused vacation days that won’t roll over so…today used one. Off to Christmas shop now. Been a weird year - in process of separating (very amicably) from my wife - she will move back to the city after the holidays - and grabbing some “for me” days where I can. We’ve been together since we were 19 and I’m 53 now so it’s about to be a very weird new experience for me in a few weeks…

Wow.  Yes, that is going to be different.  I'm glad to hear about your hiking adventures.  It reads like your already trying to move forward, which is a good thing, but understandably difficult.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Wow.  Yes, that is going to be different.  I'm glad to hear about your hiking adventures.  It reads like your already trying to move forward, which is a good thing, but understandably difficult.

Yeah, joining the hiking club was part of the plan for not going into a shell. Found my way to bar trivia last Tuesday with some strangers, had fun. I am introvert generally so pre-pushing myself to not just turtle up as it were. 

on an up note (or down note if people don’t want to meet me IRL) I am 100% more likely to make the next forum gathering…

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic