Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

11 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

So wife and I walked up to the mailbox together about 15 minutes ago (about 300 steps each way). 33 degrees, she put on a coat, scarf, gloves and was freezing before we got back, I slipped on a pair of loafers and went in my short sleeve T-shirt, it felt wonderful lol.

They say opposites attract. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Blows for that area. Walk through it every day for work. Doesn’t feel unsafe right now IMO, but it is sad to see a lot of closed businesses and it’s just generally kinda dead. Can’t imagine it without the presence of the arena. Assume it’ll stay a concert venue or something after, but jeez.

Yea, the last thing that area needs in a down economy is for two pro sports teams to relocate.  I don't really venture down there too often, but when I do it's nice that it's in a centralized location.

Just now, 87storms said:

Yea, the last thing that area needs in a down economy is for two pro sports teams to relocate.  I don't really venture down there too often, but when I do it's nice that it's in a centralized location.

Well it's "official" -- pending (reasonable in this case) NIMBYs in Arlington/Alexandria not really wanting an arena and concert venue 3 blocks from their homes off Route 1. 

Sounds like the Mystics move to Cap 1 and they try to keep it a concert venue... better than nothing.

58 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Well it's "official" -- pending (reasonable in this case) NIMBYs in Arlington/Alexandria not really wanting an arena and concert venue 3 blocks from their homes off Route 1. 

Sounds like the Mystics move to Cap 1 and they try to keep it a concert venue... better than nothing.

lol have fun driving on Rt 1.  I am almost always YIMBY, but the best locations for arenas are in dense commercial areas with lots of transit and accessibility.  Potomac Yards is not that.

6 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Yesterdays discussion was so much more stimulating in the mid/long range thread

From despair to hope over the same long range progs. We teeter ever on the edge of a knife - for the next random set of projected swirls that shall rule all emotions. Sauron shouldn’t have fucked around with one ring to rule them all, he simply needed a weather model…

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

From despair to hope over the same long range progs. We teeter ever on the edge of a knife - for the next random set of projected swirls that shall rule all emotions. Sauron shouldn’t have fucked around with one ring to rule them all, he simply needed a weather model…

same models showing a Nina next year and we are already worrying about it yet they were wrong/right/wrong/right so far this year

8 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Classical sig material for all-time. Especially that last sentence. 

8 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I think if we try hard enough we can get 5 or 6 more people in the mid/long range thread to tell us how next week won't work.

I’ll be sure to post Webb’s 9 tweet thread about it and the never ending torch when he gets it posted 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic