Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

brooklynwx99

20 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Same sentiments. 

I really did think that the mjo would go into 7-8-1 because of those 30c ssts east of the dateline. And those warm waters run even deeper than the MC. 

I thought placing more importance on the impacts of MC ssts over the E Dateline ssts was misguided, but maybe I gotta rethink that. Again, I’m no expert on the MJO because we kinda glossed over it in my met studies. So that’s where my knowledge gap is, I guess

I'm not there yet. If the whole winter succumbs to a roaring PAC jet, then maybe.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i don't think that's it's needed per se, but it would definitely help set the stage for a very blocky February. I think the jet retraction is the main catalyst for a more favorable Jan pattern and the main blocking spell coincides with the SPV shenanigans heading into Feb

Yeah for Feb sure, was more talking Jan since that's where we kicked the can to at this point.

1 minute ago, JustinRP37 said:

A broken clock is still right twice a day. That said statistics is still against a shutout snow wise here this year. 

Rare any year let alone 2 yrs in a row.  But we better flip to a better pattern before too much of January gets away or it may be a very brief winter for the coastal plain...

• Like 1