Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm all about the inv trough on the 6z GFS next week.

ha, was just looking at that. or something like it... I was noticing that we are not far in that depiction from setting up a multi day ENE flow through that polar air.  we may end up with shopping flakes

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Boring month overall weather wise. Not even a decent coastal or screamer. 

November that is.

November is the first month of the year that I consider a negative temperature result as wasteful when/if there are not interesting events.   It just not as ugly as doing so in D/J/F/M.  altho to be fair, there was that light event last week in the interior.  still, overall kind of thumbs down.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You can see this coming....people are going to get very impatient if nothing is imminent by mid month because the residual frustration from last season is still fresh. If you feel the urge to cancel winter and melt in December, then I would consider stepping away.

ehhh I think it's even beyond frustration from last winter, it's just impatience. It's understandable...you want that first event to happen but we just got into December lol. Mostly everyone here should know and understand climo and when our favorable period is for storms/snow. It's like cancelling summer on June 2 because nobody hit 90 yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

ehhh I think it's even beyond frustration from last winter, it's just impatience. It's understandable...you want that first event to happen but we just got into December lol. Mostly everyone here should know and understand climo and when our favorable period is for storms/snow. It's like cancelling summer on June 2 because nobody hit 90 yet.

I will admit, I was even annoyed that I didn't see a flake from that last piss event....now this one will be just north of me, and then the next on in the mid atl....I think I am as frustrated as anyone dating back the last 5 seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I will admit, I was even annoyed that I didn't see a flake from that last piss event....now this one will be just north of me, and then the next on in the mid atl....I think I am as frustrated as anyone dating back the last 5 seasons.

Frustration is fine and this place is a great place to let off frustration because it's not like we can do it in public :lol: Can do it in front of family/friends but they'll just give s funny looks. 

The problem is when the frustration starts to intertwine and interfere with the discussion. If someone is providing insight and thoughts into how things may evolve moving forward (backed with science) and it's a barrage of posts where the frustration dilutes the discussion then it becomes not fun anymore. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You can see this coming....people are going to get very impatient if nothing is imminent by mid month because the residual frustration from last season is still fresh. If you feel the urge to cancel winter and melt in December, then I would consider stepping away.

Is this a self-soothing remediation effort ?

LOL  j/k

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Frustration is fine and this place is a great place to let off frustration because it's not like we can do it in public :lol: Can do it in front of family/friends but they'll just give s funny looks. 

The problem is when the frustration starts to intertwine and interfere with the discussion. If someone is providing insight and thoughts into how things may evolve moving forward (backed with science) and it's a barrage of posts where the frustration dilutes the discussion then it becomes not fun anymore. 

Eh....I can def toss my kids' favorite toys against the wall....they will soon understand to link that with winter time rain.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

acceptance of the world as both changing, BUT changing in a direction that will continue to erode on winters ... might go some distance in amelioration.   

Like the Buddha teachings inform, ... all anxiety is ultimately rooted in failure to realize expectation - from what I gather, that is... Even if that butchers that philosophy at its core, that's 'sides the point. There are kernels of usefulness for this engagement/hobby of seeking dopamine tied to weather modeling HAHAHA.  Cut the expectation of actually getting a hit off the crack pipe in the first place -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I will say....I have never been this confident in my 10 years of doing seasonal work, so I am pretty calm.

I think the only way we get screwed this winter, is if we get intense blocking which results in a suppressed pattern and neither of us are expecting blocking to be that extreme. I don't think we get screwed because of cutters or b/c we get flooded with mild PAC air. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Damn you beat me to it. :lol:

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol:

My update yesterday is the last you will see from me for a couple of weeks....not gong to write about an inch of slush on ball sack hill.

Im anxious to see powderfreak talking to himself in all these threads as he’s the only one snowing. “Another night of upslope here in moose fart Vermont”. “Mountain snow stake is doing well”. Etc etc 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheBudMan said:

Dr. Ray will be busy mid month requesting impatient weenies come and sit on his couch. 

Dude, I'll be on the couch engaged in fits of self-dialogue complete with response to internal stimuli.    "its not going out to sea...(aggressive nod)...fu**king shit streaks and oes"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Im anxious to see powderfreak talking to himself in all these threads as he’s the only one snowing. “Another night of upslope here in moose fart Vermont”. “Mountain snow stake is doing well”. Etc etc 

This and dryslot giving us the Euro pbp usually means close the shades for a while in SNE. Although I'm happy for them 

• Haha 1