GTG Date  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Date?

• 11/25
    • 12/2
    • 12/9
    • 12/16

10 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Been going around, half my in laws have it and my wife too, I've been keeping my distance. How are your symptoms, Paulie? 

Tuesday was really rough. It was a drag to get through the work day. My boss said if I needed to sign off early I could. I made it to 4 PM, slept for a few hours, watched a movie, then crashed. The fatigue was very bad as were the chills along with lack of taste. I felt much better yesterday, but a second wave hit me last night. Feeling worse today than yesterday. 

This is very bizarre but I test positive for covid and my girlfriend tested negative. So she set an appointment with CVS and they tested for flu...also negative. She is very nervous because the last time I got sick (which was also covid) 2 years ago, she got sick too...tested negative for covid/flu and whatever she had set off all the health issues she has now. 

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Remember back in the good 'ole days, when you got a cold and life went on?

Yup. I used to be one of those people. Would still do everything normally, go to work, out, etc. It's a much different time now. I am 99% certain I got it from work. I go into the office Tuesday/Thursday and there is only one other person that sits anywhere near me (I have like my own little corner). He sits on the other side of the wall. He was sick walking around the office for two weeks. Last Tuesday, he comes into my area like 2 feet in front of me and talks to me. 

I went to Wolf Pack/Springfield Friday then went to Bruins/Rangers Saturday afternoon then Wolf Pack Saturday night. I started feeling sick Sunday night. I don't think I would have gotten sick that quick if I was exposed Friday/Saturday. My girlfriend also started feeling sick the same night. 

My boss asked if I was around anyone sick and I said yeah...and I told him that's why I said I was working remote this past Tuesday. I'm not going to risk getting anyone sick for the holiday's. He agreed with that...if you're sick and have the ability to work from home...take it. One person sick all of a sudden can get 10-20 people sick.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Tuesday was really rough. It was a drag to get through the work day. My boss said if I needed to sign off early I could. I made it to 4 PM, slept for a few hours, watched a movie, then crashed. The fatigue was very bad as were the chills along with lack of taste. I felt much better yesterday, but a second wave hit me last night. Feeling worse today than yesterday. 

This is very bizarre but I test positive for covid and my girlfriend tested negative. So she set an appointment with CVS and they tested for flu...also negative. She is very nervous because the last time I got sick (which was also covid) 2 years ago, she got sick too...tested negative for covid/flu and whatever she had set off all the health issues she has now. 

Yup. I used to be one of those people. Would still do everything normally, go to work, out, etc. It's a much different time now. I am 99% certain I got it from work. I go into the office Tuesday/Thursday and there is only one other person that sits anywhere near me (I have like my own little corner). He sits on the other side of the wall. He was sick walking around the office for two weeks. Last Tuesday, he comes into my area like 2 feet in front of me and talks to me. 

I went to Wolf Pack/Springfield Friday then went to Bruins/Rangers Saturday afternoon then Wolf Pack Saturday night. I started feeling sick Sunday night. I don't think I would have gotten sick that quick if I was exposed Friday/Saturday. My girlfriend also started feeling sick the same night. 

My boss asked if I was around anyone sick and I said yeah...and I told him that's why I said I was working remote this past Tuesday. I'm not going to risk getting anyone sick for the holiday's. He agreed with that...if you're sick and have the ability to work from home...take it. One person sick all of a sudden can get 10-20 people sick.

Yea, I'm not altering my routine. Being courtesy and covering your mouth when you cough, etc is one thing....but I'm not quarantining myself every time I have the sniffles. Its just politicized momentum carrying this germ phobia, at this point. Regardless of whether you live in a bubble or not, people just need to reaccimate themselves to their own mortality....you are going to get sick and eventually die.

Not that I am currently sick because I am not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I'm not altering my routine. Being courtesy and covering your mouth when you cough, etc is one thing....but I'm not quarantining myself every time I have the sniffles. Its just politicized momentum carrying this germ phobia, at this point. Regardless of whether you live in a bubble or not, people just need to reaccimate themselves to their own mortality....you are going to sick and eventually die.

Not that I am currently sick because I am not.

Yeah it's basically this...just be courteous of those around you if you are sick. This dude was just walking around the office coughing and sneezing, and probably touching stuff...then comes within super close contact. If you're sick, just be respectful of those around you. 

34 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah it's basically this...just be courteous of those around you if you are sick. This dude was just walking around the office coughing and sneezing, and probably touching stuff...then comes within super close contact. If you're sick, just be respectful of those around you. 

My sister-in-law showed up to Thanksgiving sick as a dog, she ended up having covid, she got most of the people at dinner covid, with my other sister-in-law and husband losing they sense of smell/taste. I guess I was lucky, I didn't get it but my wife did. Kind of pissed at her showing up sick without taking a covid test, she took it Thanksgiving night and was positive. Too late for most at the dinner.

• Sad 1

It's true that everyone used to not worry too much but Covid often puts you down for a week-who needs it?  Also, everything has changed.  I was going to my friend's house to watch football last Sunday and when I called him, he sounded sick.  I asked him and he said he had a cold but is covid negative.  I told him great on that but I don't want a cold.  So I canceled because who wants to feel like crap?  Maybe we're all getting soft but I like feeling good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, weathafella said:

It's true that everyone used to not worry too much but Covid often puts you down for a week-who needs it?  Also, everything has changed.  I was going to my friend's house to watch football last Sunday and when I called him, he sounded sick.  I asked him and he said he had a cold but is covid negative.  I told him great on that but I don't want a cold.  So I canceled because who wants to feel like crap?  Maybe we're all getting soft but I like feeling good.

I can see not wanting a bad cold or being around someone that is looking and acting very sick. I usually believe that just works itself out as who wants to go out when they are feeling that Ill, those people usually stay home unless of course there is some big obligation they think they are obliged to show for , and then in that case it’s on them to say they are pretty dang sick and won’t be coming . 

• Like 2