GTG Date  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Date?

• 11/25
    • 12/2
    • 12/9
    • 12/16

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Not sure about 12/2.  My family is planning a dinner maybe that night but I may be able to show up for a short time.   I’ll try either way.   Just as an aside, winters haven’t been the same since we stopped going to Clarkes Boston.

UGH. I got a bad feeling when I saw posts in this thread tonight. 

On 11/22/2023 at 10:11 PM, weathafella said:

Not sure about 12/2.  My family is planning a dinner maybe that night but I may be able to show up for a short time.   I’ll try either way.   Just as an aside, winters haven’t been the same since we stopped going to Clarkes Boston.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:28 PM, ORH_wxman said:

We may have to revive that one. Even if it’s only a handful of people. 

If this happens, I will make the effort.  That's a fun time too.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why would we move it to a date where less people will show per the poll? 

Are there any folks who would like to change their vote?

I am fine with whatever. 

But if 2-3 people aren't going to be able to make it for 12/2 and say they are 2-3 out of like 12 that plan on going...maybe it's not a bad idea to move it. 

Is anyone who plans on going for 12/2 also free for 12/9? 

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am fine with whatever. 

But if 2-3 people aren't going to be able to make it for 12/2 and say they are 2-3 out of like 12 that plan on going...maybe it's not a bad idea to move it. 

Is anyone who plans on going for 12/2 also free for 12/9? 

I have yet to see anyone explicitly say that they can make 12/9 and not 12/2....Jerry maybe, but he also said he can try to show up during the PM and he normally doesn't stay late, anyway. Scott may have a sitter issue, but he didn't say the next week would be any better.

What I do see is 7 votes for 12/2 and 3 votes for 12/9.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Since it is my birthday weekend, we have dinner reservations Saturday night.   They include our daughter and her bf.  We also have stuff at home Friday dinner with a larger group including some cousins.   I’m just not sure I can fit it all in this weekend.  If I come or will probably be for a short time early.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Since it is my birthday weekend, we have dinner reservations Saturday night.   They include our daughter and her bf.  We also have stuff at home Friday dinner with a larger group including some cousins.   I’m just not sure I can fit it all in this weekend.  If I come or will probably be for a short time early.

So it seems like you are out. Which date did you vote for?

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think I voted 12/16 but I can do 12/9 also.  What time is the start 12/2?

2pm.

I am going to leave the date 12/2... I don't see anyone who originally went 12/2 now saying that they can't make it, which would be cause for change....I know that confuses the more feeble minded, but it is what it is.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

2pm.

I am going to leave the date 12/2... I don't see anyone who originally went 12/2 now saying that they can't make it, which would be cause for change....I know that confuses the more feeble minded, but it is what it is.

That’s fine.  I’m still going to try and make it.

12/2 was the most popular pick so that date should prob stick...I'm going to be in Maine this weekend, so I won't be there unfortunately, but I will definitely try and make a local Clarke's pre-Xmas GTG if a few of us are interested in that. I am in Boston a few days a week now, so it wouldn't be very hard for me to come on over after work.

• Like 1