Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2023 General Discussion

cyclone77

5 hours ago, Baum said:

Perfect for the kick off of Holiday season if you can't get a blizzard. Tree goes up tonight. Be nice to wake up to a coating of white for a nice setting. Good timing to say the least.

Nice. Going out for dinner and then putting lights on the tree over here. Waking up to some snow. Feels good man 

• Like 1

The deeper-than-expected snow has really cratered the temp early in the week.  A few days ago, the early-week highs were going to be in the 30s.  Instead, we are struggling to get out of the teens.  Tonight we are expecting single digits.  We haven't risen above freezing since last Thursday.

I still have some garden and garage winter prep to do.  It will have to wait til we thaw out.

Snow squall warning verified here. Had a great time. Went to Detroit to Campus Martius to check out the Christmas stuff and did it in heavy snow, then followed the squall home.

After all day snow flurries and light snow dropped 0.1" following yesterday's 0.2" slush, the squall dropped a quick fluffy 1.6" of snow.

FB_IMG_1701148898562.jpg

FB_IMG_1701148873970.jpg

FB_IMG_1701148880353.jpg

• Like 16

9 hours ago, Chinook said:

surprise snow

heavy snow development.jpg

It was legit. It was almost like an unintentional storm chase for me. My brother wanted to go downtown Detroit to dinner and check out the Christmas stuff. The squall hit as we were out, and it was such a perfect atmosphere. I figured the band would weaken some as it headed south but still snow, but instead it strengthened. As we left Detroit it had tapered to flurries but we ran right into it and drove through it the whole way home, Visibility near zero by my house briefly. It was enough to disorient you if you didn't know where you were because the traffic lights were obscured until the last minute.

Screenshot_20231127_224103_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3