• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2023 General Discussion

cyclone77

Another top 5 record min this morning around the area. Hibbing set a record low of 4. Brimson co-op had a -1, which is a strong record low for their short record. They have only been in the upper 20's for highs the last few days up there. That's chilly. Most of the snow has melted under yesterday's sun, except for the shady places. Area's to the north with 5-8" will take a little longer to melt, but most of the area is forest, so it'll stay around until temps get into the 40's this week. Firearm deer season starts this coming weekend, so that snow will be helpful for the hunt. Deer in my area will start to migrate towards the shore with all that snow up north. The cold, and snow will put the rutting season in full swing. Should be a good hunt this year.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Brian D said:

Batch of heavier rains moving through tonight. Much needed after a drier Oct. Not liking the clock change. Dark too early now. Not an early riser, so it makes winter long.

0.91" last night. Good start to the month, and looks like a mix coming in tomorrow.

• Like 2

Warm day temp-wise, hit 49 (.5" rain).  Afternoon showers will change to snow later this evening with an unsettled and cool pattern following for close to the next week but no real snow.  This time last year, had already received 2 feet.

Untitled123.thumb.png.5ac51d5117bfc45cfd339b270f1d0042.png

Edit to add: A fisher got into the coop last night and killed 8 hens, my rooster, and wounded 3 more so badly I had to shoot them.  Been a bad day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Warm day temp-wise, hit 49 (.5" rain).  Afternoon showers will change to snow later this evening with an unsettled and cool pattern following for close to the next week but no real snow.  This time last year, had already received 2 feet.

Untitled123.thumb.png.5ac51d5117bfc45cfd339b270f1d0042.png

Edit to add: A fisher got into the coop last night and killed 8 hens, my rooster, and wounded 3 more so badly I had to shoot them.  Been a bad day.

A what? Like an osprey?