Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2023 General Discussion

cyclone77

19 minutes ago, hardypalmguy said:

you know it.  climate change is a hard pill to swallow, but the great lakes region might be the first area to explode with palms outside the south.

the process maybe to slow for us to fully enjoy it in our time.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

A little snow this morning, 28.  Maybe another inch or two tonight, along with some sleet.  Nothing that should stick around for more than a couple days.

2092805712_thumbnail(1).jpg.896a85cd3272fa62e27be11676b8dc72.jpg

Meanwhile it was 75 at KIND yesterday.  Think I like living at 40N better.

• Like 1

Looks like a couple inches of snow along the higher terrain tonight. Of course, that could blow up to much more. Last year around this time, they low balled snow up that way, and ended up with 1-2'. That just happened with our last snow, too. 5-8" wasn't in the cards in the areas to my north. In fact, they forecast basically nothing for that area. Lake Superior can be a difficult one to deal with in forecasting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baum said:

the process maybe to slow for us to fully enjoy it in our time.

Lmao. The Great Lakes will never be able to support palms naturally. Jokes aside though, I said it in passing last month and without fail it's true every year. November is the month where regardless of the weather, Winter weenies fear. We've had quite a few colder & snowier than average November's recently, and the take is always that it's bad luck for the winter. But then, if you have a mild November, that's also bad luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Lmao. The Great Lakes will never be able to support palms naturally. Jokes aside though, I said it in passing last month and without fail it's true every year. November is the month where regardless of the weather, Winter weenies fear. We've had quite a few colder & snowier than average November's recently, and the take is always that it's bad luck for the winter. But then, if you have a mild November, that's also bad luck.

at my age I'm screwed regardless. Though I did live though the "new "ice age. It came in 1979 and ended less than a year later in October of 1980. Truly, something to have experienced. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

in denial^

Which part was denial? The part where I pointed out that cold/snowy November's recently have been seen as a bad omen for winter, or the part where I scoffed at the idea that palms will naturally grow in winter climates that currently average about 30°+ too cold for this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Which part was denial? The part where I pointed out that cold/snowy November's recently have been seen as a bad omen for winter, or the part where I scoffed at the idea that palms will naturally grow in winter climates that currently average about 30°+ too cold for this?

Probably not palms but those along the lakeshore and up the east coast should be able to see at least a few days of frost free weather added per decade. Toronto downtown is already 6B or 7A growing zone. Theres still decent amount of green leaves right along the lake in Hamilton-Toronto. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Great lakes area has already went up 1-2 growing zones since the year 2000.  The time is coming.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Chambana said:

67 here and 75 in the forecast tomorrow. Soaking up this beautiful day with bacon wrapped brats on the smoker. It’s very rare we get these days this time of year with NO wind. 

Looks like today was 71 or 72 (depending on rounding) at KIND. While it was a couple degrees cooler today, the no wind made it nice out. But the difference between yesterday and today was the dewpoint. It was 10 degrees cooler and it made it feel like it was chillier than it was. Silly but I could feel a difference.

• Like 1