Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

Just now, snowbird1230 said:

Strange forecast out of GSP this morning for some of the mountains (Graham, Swain,Jacckson,Haywood)..Rain and Snow mix for alot of the event although those counties seem to be in bullseye for most snow.

Remember that the models just recently have turned more south with the axis of the main precipitation.  It wasn't until the 00z gfs that things started to turn more favorable.  GSP are just playing it safe because we've literally been we're TN is to only get completely screwed...

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Do you guys ever think about how over the past 10 years, Alberta randomly stopped sending us their clippers? 

jokes aside I haven’t seen one in ages. 

Yes, do not see light snow/flurries in Asheville with near the frequency we did 10 plus years ago.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Strange forecast out of GSP this morning for some of the mountains (Graham, Swain,Jacckson,Haywood)..Rain and Snow mix for alot of the event although those counties seem to be in bullseye for most snow.

The way this is trending Buncombe, Madison, and areas north could be in a nice snow band plus with the temps I would guess all snow and no rain.  I guess GSP is playing it safe for now.

• Like 1

Yeah the ingredients are there for a big storm with the second wave if we can get it to come together right. I think the GFS is a little too north with its track right now given the CAD high and decent confluence from the first storm. 

• Like 1

Just now, Maggie Valley Steve said:

Very encouraging today. You folks in the SW looking really good today for a significant event. I'm a bit worried about down sloping, but even the Euro gives me 4 or 5 inches!

Why you worried? This is pretty much the same trajectory as we saw during our little snow this week. We will be fine. You'll do great in this flow. Franklin will do awesome as well.

• Like 1